This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Legacy addon - Clone Wars to GCE - Discussion and new features  (Read 24017 times)

Sonki3

• Clone Captain

Hey there. Found a bug.

The Black Sun Centaur Cruiser Mk II seems to have its hitpoints missing. (No hitpoints in Skirmish)

Thx.  :)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Thanks, I will check that.

Now the last addition. Some heroes in the mod are not combat heroes in the ground and sometimes, instead from be inside a building, they are showed in a shuttle where you can not defeat them. Solution? to add to them some ground vehicles but what vehicles? for the Chancellor Palpatine, nothing better than the Proto Shuttle. Now it is a ground vehicle and even I added it in skirmiss. In space battles from galactic conquest, you will see the shuttle as before only if there is not other bigger starship from the Republic in the battle.

Probably you think how the addition from a infantry model had been better but I have not one and I am not a fan from this idea, at least made as a infantry soldier because he was not a soldier, even if he was a hidden Sith.

Now I will add some similar for other non-combat heroes. The Lambda Shuttle was added before in the mod as a ground vehicle and it will save me time. With Rebels I am thinking to use instead from the Rebel Shuttle, the Republic Shuttle which it is equal but it looks better. Even I can replace the model in space. Black Sun can find similar things. Very easy and much better than a non combat heroe inside a building or a shuttle which you can not destroy.

I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

It looks as if the game had been updated again. This time, the last patch disables the autosave because the game took too time creating it before a battle in galactic conquest. It is good and bad, bad because if the game crashs in a battle, you will have not an autosave. I do not know if I like it more. Probably it needs another way of to play, specially testing things where I save after and before any battle manually. But in my computer saving in a solid state drive never was too slow.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Well, the new update is closer, however, I need complete many things, more of them new code for the fusion from the Rebellion. With lucky, I will finish it the next days.

You can see how I will rename the mod to Rebellion. This new mod will add the features showed before with the Rebellion. One of them is the heroes recruit, there will few mayor heroes and they will be able to recruit another generic heroes. The generic heroes can be defeated in battles. At the same time, you must take care your mayor heroes because only them can recruit new heroes and they can be defeated forever. But if you lose a generic heroe, you can recruit it again. However, the recruitment mission is random, never you know what heroe you will recruit and not always the mission is a success.

Good things from this way of recruitment? better strategy and more heroes by conflict.

In the GC from the video, The Dark Saber. Daala is not showed as a mayor heroe but she will be one and she can recruit some special heroes. Some heroes can be recruited only by other heroes. Of course, there are a group of heroes recruited by all the heroes.

Other big different thing from the mod will be the ground units. You can build with different combinations from filters the individual teams. There are some new team formed by more of one type of units as a TIE wing team with TIE Fighters and TIE Bombers but most of the teams are the same from always.

In addition, if you build the Advance Command Center, you can build the groups formed by several units created for the Rebellion GCs. The AI builds only these ground teams and by this reason, it will be more fun and powerful. A new challenge. But it will be more different units than before and it is a lot better than always the same.

With space units, many more units are upgrades and only can be builded with a upgrade. There are many different units and it is the unique way with these filters. In addition, these ground and space filters work at multiplayer.

When I release the update, I will update the playing guide with this information. I know how it can be strange for some people but do not worry, it is better and easier than before. ;)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

With the next update, there are some changes, the Total War GCs are some of them. Now there are not a menu where you can select the active AI, I have removed it, temporally or forever.

Now there are two small versions from this GCs and one bigger. Playing the bigger with all the factions, you can note how the difficulty is big, very big. It is so big that I go to need increase the default units from the human player in the begining, probably it needs some fleets and few more things if it must survive the enemy attacks.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Lately I have been making many changes. I have added several new features developed the past months and this week, I was working with filters and shipyards.

First the filters. I do not know if I like really this feature. Perhaps it is a mess or perhaps no because it is similar to the new factions way. The point is how the other filters with additional buttons do not work with the multiplayer mode.

Now it looks as you watch in the video but I do not know if I like it because the previous mode was very perfect and it was good with the Total War because I could add several faction options. Now without these filters...........I do not know if I can add the same options and as you can watch in the video, play against all the factions can be a bit crazy.

However, there are some features which you can use. The first is the autoresolve, the ground commanders and the ground groups of units have a high autoresolve value. Thanks to it, you can win many battles with the autoresolve.

The additional heroes must be recruited by other mayor heroes as Palpatine and Vader.

The shipyards, you and the AI, both, you can not build any starship in any planet, there are 8 different shipyards and they can not builded in all the planets. At the same time, each of them produce some type of units from a different company.

The AI uses the same planets and it builds the same. By this reason you can stop to the AI from build space units or some type. It can be good and it can be a bad feature.

It is good because you can use a destroy space production planets strategy.

It can be bad because at some point the AI can not build more space units or you can not build more space units.

Anyway, perfection is difficult.

Now as you can see in the video, the Total War GC is very fast play GC where you must be very agressive. It is not a GC for people waiting to the enemy. If you make it, you will be destroyed very fast.

You can be sure how I will add all the new features with exception from the new filters for sure. But there are a 75% of chances from do not return to the previous filters. Very very probably. I must play a bit more and in this GC, the additional factions had not yet the new shipyards added for the AI. When I finish them. The GC will be different.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 02:03:57 PM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Another test from the TW after several changes. Clearly my previous thought is the same. In the begining playing against all factions the game is very fast and you must start attacks in all the enemy production planets or the AI will defeat you. When you conquer some planets from all the factions, specially from the Legacy factions which they are the most powerful, you get some of space and you can play slower and normal.

However I am thinking in one thing similar to the older with a game menu in the begining where you can control what AI factions attack you in the begining and very probably, in the end of the GC, all the other factions which they were locked, they attack you.

This way would be better and more fun.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

After many think about this. I go to see if I make last filters showed for the Empire, Rebel, Black Sun only for multiplayer. For singleplayer, I prefer the normal buttons filters, it is easier and better after years playing with them.

About different shipyards...........I do not know. I have other idea in mind. I must think about this. Anyway running them with the button filter should be easier. The unique problem is the AI. Probably it needs more tweaks. With a lot more of work, it will be perfect. ;)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Good news. I got my final goal. It was get a multiplayer GC where most of all be builded. Now the MP has it with two main differences:

First in space, the players must use some similar filters to the filters from Republic, CIS, Krayt, Fel and Pirates for to get all the possible units from Empire, Black Sun and Rebels.

Second, in ground, in MP, just you can build the ground teams formed by several units and you can not disband them. Just them.

These are the two main differences. At least now, you can build almost everything at multiplayer at comparation with the previous versions where you could not build several units.

More changes. Finally the last version use the button filters from previous versions at singleplayer for the Empire, Rebellion and Black Sun. Perhaps there will be a new button in the menu if it is possible. I do not know it yet.

With the button filters from before, at least the Total War will not show any problem fighting the AIs because you can choose easily your enemies playing with the Empire, Rebels and Black Sun. There will not be any lose from any older feature, just improves.

The new version does not add new units. it is just a mayor code improvement. Probably I will release the new version soon. Just I need to work with the button filters a bit more. 8)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

I have good news, bad news for today. First I was thinking today to release the next update tomorrow but after one discover/analysis, I believe how it goes to need some more of work and I do not know if I can finish it at few time.

The point was one thing added the past week is not a great idea. In the Rebellion proyect, the space units were builded in planets where these units were builded, Kuat builded only some type of units. It was a good idea. But I used for it one single shipyard and I added the required planets line for each unit. At a first moment I saw it as a long thing and probably it increased the game loading times. Now after test it, really I am not sure and the many different shipyards add other worse problems.

By this reason, I added one special shipyard for each ship builder but I should have not added this because it as a worse idea, specially with the AI. Just I should refine the original code added in the Rebellion proyect. Now I am removing the several different shipyard to one way similar to the previous update, one shipyard only, some ships builded only at some planets. It is a better way.

In addition, I made a small mistake with the build of multiplayer units, it is a bit more difficult than anybody thought before. Too many units. But I am sure how I will get some good for this. It is just a matter from edit again all the space units, bah what are more of 300 things edited again........ ::), puf the lack of sandbox at multiplayer is a piece of shit. Now I am thinking ignore the problem and to create some as a multiplayer addon........but if at least other mods could be combined with other mods as in other games..........I go to need to study it slowly......time and more time.

I leave you one video showing the last progress from one thing which it will not be released ever because it needs a lot of changes.

There is a new graphic addition, probably you can recognize it easier  in the last battle from the video played at Brentaal, but it is a test and I do not go to say what it is exactly. It is one thing which it was not before in the mod.

linnaean-concentrated