This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Legacy addon - Clone Wars to GCE - Discussion and new features  (Read 30884 times)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

This is my first real battle with the Supremacy model made by T5UB4SA. It will be the final amount of hardpoints. The size can not be bigger because as an unit with movement, it is the bigger size from one thing in game.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:47:36 PM by Nomada_Firefox »
I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

I have uploaded a new video from a test battle. It was a savegame shared by a player who he supposed how the spawn fleets crashed the game in the retreat. You can see how it does not happens. Perhaps I did not play the exact battles. I had not all the information.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Another new video from the Supremacy, now more finished with the death animation, better engines and showing its power in combat. As you can watch in the video, the Supremacy builds the other First Order units in skirmiss.

It will not be the next last unit from the Episode VIII in the next update, the Raddus and the MG-100 StarFortress SF-17 are coming. However I have not made the MG-100 StarFortress SF-17 as a slow and stupid ship. You can be sure of that.;)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:31:55 PM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Here you can see the Raddus and the MG100. Two units from Resistance. The Raddus is not very strange, it is similar to other Mon Calamari Cruisers. But the MG-100 StarFortress SF-17 is probably the most strange and perhaps stupid bomber seen in a film. However, I have made it faster and more durable than in the film.

Probably you will be curious about the MG-100 weapons. It will be if nothing change as in the film. Laser turrets and thermal bombs. The unique ? here is if the thermal bombs will run as it must be, it is difficult because never I made proyectile in space firing like this. The Space bomb has not propulsor but it is fired from the front and it is more as a slow torpedo. These thing from the MG100 is very different, we will see if it can be made as a bombing round in space, at least by the moment, it fires like that but the range was too far. Perhaps it runs better with a closer range, you will watch in the next video.;)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Good news. The next patch new additions are almost finished. Just I am searching unfinished stuff. After I release this patch I will continue improving somethings and adding some new units occasionally.

The image is the first part of the Imperial research tree, it is smaller than the Rebel but more expensive. The point is how the Empire has more similar units between them and the Rebels have more different units between them. Very curious but it is true.

If you do not remember, there will be 4 Rebellion new GC with different sizes. In these GCs, instead from research tech levels, you must reseach the different tech with some new heroes. But first you must recruit these heroes with some of your mayor heroes, Vader, the Emperor, Isard, Mon Mothma, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Leia, Ackbar, they are some of the heroes which they can recruit new heroes.

The recruited heroes are generic heroes and you can lose them in a battle. But you can recruit them again. The recruitment is random, you can not choose what you recruit. At the same time, some heroes are recruited only by some heroe. By example the SSD Lusankya is recruited only by Ackbar.

This new way of recruit heroes is present in all the mod. There are not other way.

In the Rebellion GCs, the building time from space units is slower, a lot slower. By default with a single shipyard, your building speed will be from months for a ISD. You can reduce it building additional shipyards.

And well, this is the main features from this GCs. By the moment, you can play them with the Rebels and Empire. The Black Sun or other faction has not nothing like this by the moment and I do not know if I will make it. The Rebellion GCs probably in a future will be generational GCs where you start in the Clone Wars and you finish in the Legacy era, just with two factions, the evil and the good can be.

Additionally, in all the mod GCs, the Empire and Rebels are the unique factions recruiting heroes.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

The Supremacy, the Raddus and even the MG-100 StarFortress SF-17 bomber are ready and there will be in the next upgrade. This video is a funny battle from skirmiss where the AI uses the Supremacy against me. It gives you a good idea about how you will need a lot of very powerful units if you want defeat it.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 01:18:21 AM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

I told you some videos ago how I was testing a new graphic feature in the mod. Perhaps you did not note it but if you check this screenshot, you will see how the TIE Bombers and TIE Fighters proyect shadows over the starships. You could see with the Resistance MG100.

The main idea from this feature is proyect shadows over other ships, not really over the fighter and I find it different from other things seen before in EAW because in them the idea was to give shadows to the small ship and when you make it, the shadows proyected over the starships are too big with strange size.

Other improve are the death animations explosions, there were bad things and you could see explosions in the center of a space map.

However, these upgrades will take a lot of time and they will not be fully added in the next version.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Somebody asked about this. A unfair combat because the Imperium has a super laser. But funny.

For the record in the video, you can see the AI with two Supremacy, it will not happen again. I have limited it a bit.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 11:43:27 PM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Well, the next update is closer but before I release it, I want play a bit and discover these small things which they can be improved. By example the Center Point Station, I must improve it a bit the station before I release the mod, the code needs some of work.

In this video, there is a curious thing, never I thought it before. Now as you can see, there is not a autosave before battles and it can be a big problem if the game crashes but...........the F6 key from the quicksave works in all situations, you can see in the video how it works even when you receive the battle message, thanks to the gods. If you think how the savetime is long.......this is a Total War GC with all the AI factions actived.

Other curious point. There is only one Total War GC with 95 planets, the maximun set by me for this, a good size for this amount of AI. You can set the AI factions against you in this GC.

AI and attack behaviour. The AI will attack you a lot in the planets without a starbase and you will see a lot of combats in the begining conquering the neutral planets. But before the week 25, you will not see big fleets. When it happens.........goodluck. Fortunately the human player has a option, the autoresolve, in ground attacks, the ground teams formed by several ground teams, they have a good autoresolve value and they can win easily many ground battles. You can use it conquering enemy planets before and after the week 25.

Some factions are not attacking me too much. For years I have read some people complaining about this. I do not know if they are blind or crazy. With 7 different factions controlled by the AI, some of them must lose against the others. They do not go to join forces. Perhaps in the begining the Black Sun can conquer more planets and perhaps in the end the Rebels can defeat to them. Each GC is a bit different with this. Probably even some of them be defeated in the first 50 weeks.

Other point, this under test are the planets where starships can be builded. Now they are more limited and some units can be builded in few planets. I am not sure about this. Perhaps the AI needs some less restricted, at least by my old test, it could not be so limited for the AI. By this reason, I need play a lot more and check what will happen with this.

Anyway, when I believe how the mod is ready, I will release it. Not before. Many other improves will be added in time after the next update, it is not a problem and I have made it before.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

I have discovered a curious problem when you save with quicksave (key F6) before a battle. After it, if you load this savegame again, the game loads wrong and perhaps you see the enemy units in orbit as if they were neutral, even any new attack from you in any planet will be useless. Very strange.

Solution? just load the quicksave and exit the game to the main menu, it will create a new autosavegame. After it, you will load the new autosave game and you will load the correct battle.

Slow, non-perfect but better than nothing.;)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Before I showed you how you could save a game with the quicksave (F6 key) before you start a battle. However I discovered a curious problem. If you save from this way, when you load the savegame, you can see a wrong game a bit freeze where the battle does not start. It is very curious and by a moment I was thinking......"oh no, I must start again everything"......however my mind start to think.......what happen if I leave to the main menu where the game would create a autosave game and I try load this autosave. When I made it, you can imagine my surprise looking how the game loaded the correct battle. Very funny and useful information.;)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

One week more, testing many things, no big problems. But I am improving things as heroe abilities because there were many heroes making the same thing.

Other very important thing tested is the AI and how it builds things. There are some problems, now it builds only the new ground teams formed by several units but it builds a lot of them. I want reduce it. It is not easy because there are few things which I can change.

About the GC tested, it is the Total War with 95 planets and all factions active. It was clear how it would run slower than smaller GC. Mostly it works as I thought before, with some of the additional factions and the Black Sun taking a lot of planets in the begining and the Rebels being reduced to few of them. After the week 25 always the AI starts the big attacks and after the week 60 when you build the Research Stations, the Rebels gains some planets more and they start to defeat the others.

About the human player, everything were thought how it would need many more planets if he wants build the most powerful and expensive units. From my point of view if these units were cheaper as in the past where a SSD has a cost of only 15000 credits. It would be bad and in the end of the game, you will be tired of build these things. If you need conquer more planets and save more credits, the game gains a big amount of strategy.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

The last weeks, I have been showing you different possible changes. Now, it is the last final version. At a first moment I wanted limit the build from space units to some planets. I knew from the past how it was difficult and now I know again how it was a bad idea because it is a big limitation for the AI and the human player. The best way is the way used before. Some special units are builded in some planets and there is a large list of planets which they can build a large list of units. There are a capital shipyard and a frigate shipyard. It is the best way.

Other ways are...........bad. The AI builds few units and the Human player gets bored searching the planets.

Looking this,  the biggest changes are these and I am giving you the biggest changes because I go to release the new version today. Even if there is some incomplete, it can be played without problems and the improves win to the unfinished things. Anyway, the unfinished things are.......just improves which I will complete with the past of time.

-Added Rebellion GCs where you can play a Rebel vs Empire GCs similar to the Total War but researching the technology, building more of one shipyard improving the speed of them and more.
-Additional heroes recruit. Now there are just a few main heroes, some of them can start recruit heroes missions when they are in orbit. With this way, you can recruit randomly new heroes.
-New special unit, the Advance Construction Ship unlocks the Shipyards and the Advance Command Center when it is in orbit. This unit adds the Empirical and YB-300 space models.
-Added several ground teams which they are formed by more of one team. Without be too big as the ground commanders. These are the ground units builded by the Rebel, Empire and Black Sun AI.
-Darth Vader travels in the ISD Devastator. Better than an alone fighter squadron.
-Several improves in heroes and some new Rebel heroes as Borsk Fey'lya, General Laryn Kre'fey and the Admiral Traest Kre'fey with the Ralroost.
-MC90, MC80C, MC60 and MC75 are not longer a upgrade from MC80 or MC40. These units can be found as a normal unit.
-First Order Supremacy. It builds all the other units from First Order.
-Thousands of smaller changes/improves.

For the record, here you can see how get some minutes free time against all factions from the Total War GC. However, becareful with this because the Black Sun is active from the begining and it will get more planets easily.

mrjosh1994

• Clone Recruit

• Email
when the supremacy going to be out on steam?

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Now. I have updated the mod moments ago.