This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Rebellion Addon  (Read 6586 times)

msmurphy64

• Clone Corporal

Re: FOC Alliance Rebellion Addon
« Reply #135 on: May 07, 2018, 07:30:37 PM »
Hi there.   I have been loyal follower and player of the alliance mod for almost 7 years.   I have never commented before, but I wanted to note a few things.     I really love the team concepts and think that would considerable value to the game.    My most favorite version of all time was 4.7b.   The main reason is because of the large maps with tons on planets.   I play it all the time on the GOG version with the 4gb patch to the .exe that runs the game.   I don’t really have any trouble, once in a great while it crashes, but I save all the time so it’s not a problem.   

Question for Nomada:   Can you release your next version with the large scale GC that includes all the planets?  Or maybe the option to play the huge 130+ planet version and maybe have a smaller version those players whose PCs may not handle the more intense size?   Heck, I would actually pay you for a version like that.   My computer handles alliance perfectly on steam as well (8.0).   Just a thought for you to consider.  Thank you again for all your effort and making this game live on! 

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #136 on: May 07, 2018, 11:06:43 PM »
Hi. I go to answer you with two true points. 4.7b has GC with less planets than the Rebellion mod and you will not be able to play with all the planets more than some few weeks of game, probably even less. The lag is hug, at these videos I play with 167 planets and I have a lot of lag, even I do not know if it can be finished. But there are 4 sizes, the smaller has 90 planets if I do not remember badly and I do not go to make nothing smaller than this.

Another true point, you should have bought the EAW Steam the past week, it had a 66% discount. It has two new patches and it will receive a new patch soon. These patches never will be released in the GOG version, the developers confirmed it time ago.

Some more points. The amount of different units from 4.7b at comparation with FOC Alliance 8.0 is probably the half. The amount of factions is the half, 4.7b has not CIS, Republic or Legacy era factions in GC.

For end, 4.7b has many bugs and it must crashs a lot with GOG version because at comparation with the EAW Steam, the GOG version can not handle new additional lua codes very well.

Reading you in the end, probably you have EAW Steam. You can make a paypal donation for to maintain this site, it is the unique reason because I continue making new mods.

Regards.
I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

msmurphy64

• Clone Corporal

« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2018, 03:21:26 AM »
Hi Nomada.   I got the steam version and appreciate your comments.  By the sounds of it, the next release is going to be awesome!  l I sent the donation thru PayPal, hope the little bit helps.

Keep up the wonderful work!

Br,

Msmurphy64

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2018, 09:53:29 AM »
Thanks. Perhaps you did not read it but I have intentions from to create multiera mod with this. Other very important is how the Rebellion mod will be a new mod, mostly because the 8.0 is a very old mod which I do not want to disassemble with the Rebellion additions. I prefer continue working in both mods.

About the Rebellion and be a multiera. It will be different because instead of to add new factions, the new factions will be inside the Rebellion and Empire original factions. It is a bit complex from to explain but at the new factions will not be thought for to fight between all them, it is more a GC feature where you can start a GC in a era and finish in other different.

Anyway, by the moment I am only in the Galactic Empire era vs Rebellion. Nothing more. I do not go to work in the Black Sun. In fact I am not sure if I will use this faction anymore for this mod. Perhaps I can use it for other thing but I do not go to reveal what.

At the same time, I would like do not release this mod before the next official patch be released, it will add several fixes, I do not know the exact fixes but at this moment, it is being reviewed by Disney and one day soon will be published. The problem with corrupt savegames will be fixed in this patch and some other things.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2018, 10:04:15 AM »
I have been thinking and perhaps I will make a private alpha. I can upload the mod in Steam and give access to the people which I want. It can be interesting.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2018, 12:34:19 AM »
I have added some features helping to find where research and where you can build some units. It was a long work writting text. Now at least with the Rebels because I have not made it for the Empire. With each time era, you can see a panel with all the research from the time era. The panel from the beging shows the research for Rebel Alliance for the first part. After you research some special things in the table, you will jump to the next era and you can see other panel and research more things. The GC is divided at 5 research panels. The AI will advance at the same time. By this reason, research everything fast can not be a good idea if you have not set your forces or the AI will attack you with more powerful units.

By default you do not need research everything in the panel if you want jump to the next research level. By example Research the MC80 MKII and the MC60 will jump the game to the level 2. Perhaps I should add information about the triggers for it. It can be enough if I change the color from some research in the panel.

Other addition are text in the planet description telling you more or less the type of units builded in some planet. With the Rebels, there are not secrets, with the Empire, it is a bit more complex and some units are builded in some special planets. More work to do, probably for the next week, I am a bit tired from to write today and tomorrow I want make other things and of course to play more.;)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #141 on: May 13, 2018, 10:09:15 AM »
Yesterday I was playing the last patch for the EAW Steam. I am very happy with it. It fixes the corruption in savegames and a problem with shadows. Of course it could be better if it had fixed the problem releasing in a battle more of 20 teams but clearly they did not fix it by lack of time and it is not a problem with the original game because there are not 20 different teams. With a 12 years old game, we can not wait miracles.

You can read the changes here.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/32470/discussions/0/1474221865188261871/

About the patch itself, some people say how it needs a lot of time loading battles because the creation from the autosave needs more time. You can see in my videos how playing my Rebellion mod, it takes a bit more but just a bit more. But I have a suspect, or it depends from the mod played, some of these people saying about longer load times were playing RAW or it is a matter from where your savegames are created, because I have the game installed and the savegames in a solid state drive SSD, instead of a HDD, it is very fast.

Anyway, I prefer longer load times than corrupt savegames, it can not be discussed because clearly one thing is better than other.

I will add more videos. I have made some tweaks. I improved the search heroes mission and now it has not too many failure missions and it takes less time search the missions.

Other problem in this game is a mistake with the ground companies transports, I must remake them and perhaps it crashs all the game and I must restart again, not a problem. I have made other smaller improves. Some of them present in the normal FOC Alliance 8.0. In fact, probably the problem happens with some heroes. The main problem is how the transports were coded and how if they are not transports, they will not be used by the AI as ground troops.

About other things from last patch, there is a fix in shadows, some about how the high detailed shadows never were loaded, I am thinking about how by this reason, they blinked a lot sometimes. By the moment I have not seen this problem more but......we will see if it is fixed or not.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:11:39 AM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2018, 01:28:07 PM »
Another video with the new patch.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2018, 09:43:17 AM »
Playing my new mod in development with the last Petroglyph patch. The game has increased a bit the time saving games but it does not crash and it lets play huge battles. At this video, you can watch how in the begining from the GC, the things are difficult with a very active AI launching attacks to all your planets.

Specially ground battles can be huge and very fun.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2018, 05:42:04 PM »
Second video from the last GC, this time works perfect. No problems with savegames and a good gameplay.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2018, 05:02:38 PM »
I have played more of 100 weeks without any crash or problem. I am very please with the mod, how I need complete many other things and improve some more, it goes to take some of time before I release it.

The first video is very short, just 20 minutes played when I found some of time yesterday. The second video is one of my longer videos never recorded, more of one hour. A very fun game with many battles, some enemy attacks and some attacks in the enemy planets. Perhaps you think how a good defense is impossible because the AI can attack in any planet but mostly the AI makes three attacks, two attacks in the weaker planets and one attack in a powerful planet. The two first type of attacks can be avoided defending better your planets, the other can be more difficult. Anyway, after the fleet attack you will have some time before the ground attack.

About the AI defending.........in this version, by the moment, it is in a medium level but I go to increase the difficulty customizing some of the buildings builded by the AI in some planets. It can be made and it will add more fun. Just it is a matter of time.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2018, 11:40:21 AM »
Another video, 132 weeks without any crash or problem. About the mod, I have finished some AI improves and the heroes fleets. Now probably I add the old fleets at this mod, I added the code in the 8.0 and it will be in the next update from the 8.0. The fleets spawning unlimited ships while the command ship does not be destroyed, it will return to the mod. Only for the EAW Steam. This type of features are not supported by the GOG and Gold.

About other things, if you have problems with longer battle load times, it is by the last patch. However with my mods load times are smaller because my mod was reduced a lot by me before. Other mods have longer load times because they have things as 20 megabytes only from hardpoints and their savegames are bigger. The FOC Alliance has less of 3MB of code for the hardpoints, it has a very small amount of code and it is more depurated than most of the mods.

But Petroglyph has confirmed me how they are working in a new patch improving the load times. I do not know if the new patch will disable the autosave game created in the begining of the games, if it will be a optional feature, however I know how leave the game will require activate the autosave and it will continue taking time, I can imagine how the Petroglyph solution will be disable the autosave and I hope how it be a optional feature because I like the autosave.

Anyway, we will see what they improve.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2018, 04:51:19 PM »
Time to counter attack and I continue the same GC. Now it is time to conquer enemy planets, starting by the weaker. With this mod, you can deploy big ground groups but to build ships is a lot slower, more realistic from a SW point.

I can imagine people thinking how there are many ground units from me in battle and less from Empire. The final version will be more difficult with more enemy ground units defending. Other point is how if you check the videos, you will see how battles need a lot of tactic. I can deploy a big team but the amount is teams is more limited and enemy units are very powerful. Lose planets is normal in this mod, even when you start to conquer enemy planets.

Other players can think how the enemy attacking in all possible planet is very difficult from to defend. Yes but if the enemy would attack just always the same planets in a frontier, it had not been fun and you would be heavily bored very soon repeating always the same battles.;)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2018, 10:51:37 AM »
I continue the GC, I have been added a lot of changes and I have been playing a lot. I have been added fleets and other things, even there are additional teams for Rebels and Empire, always with the previously added units from the mod.

In these videos, you will see these things and others as the abilities improved from space units. Mostly I have made things as transfer the energy to weapons or engines, reduce the shields. I have fixed the combat alert abilities because they were not as you could read in the descriptions.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2018, 05:29:05 PM »
Very close to the 200 weeks, in fact I reached them and the game runs better than the time where it freezed in a previous game. Lately I have added several changes which they remembered more to the old 4.7. These changes will give more power to the AI and the game should be more fun, in fact if you watch the last videos and you compare them with the previous, you will see how the AI attacks a bit more and it is more powerful in the amount of different space units. I hope finally I have found the best setting.

About other things, today it was a complete waste of free time because I did not work in the mod more of one hour, I was working in a secret amount of units, things which probably they will surprise you but I add them just because I like them, I do not like their origins. When other people can not add them in the game by lack of skills, I enjoy to add some new things. If your imagination can not discover what they are.........well, it is a group of walkers but I do not go to tell you from where or when. Just a clue, in the videos there is one walker similar at design with the Rebels. I would be surprise if somebody discover it. ;D

Ah, I improved the explosion effects in all the death animations from starships, you would see how they look better with more chain explosions.