This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Rebellion Addon  (Read 8924 times)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: FOC Alliance Rebellion Addon
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2018, 11:56:42 PM »
Another small record, my last changes made effect and space battles are a bit more difficult. I started to lose some units. 8) By the moment game runs good with more of 200 weeks, smooth for a GC with 167 planets, it could be worse, my previous game ended with a complete freeze, we will see if it happens again or I can finish the GC. Load times are a bit longer but nothing too long. I prefer longer load times than a game unfinished. However Petroglyph told how they are working in a new patch improving it, who knows when it will be released and by the moment, we must play with it. Not bad for me.

I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2018, 11:38:03 PM »
Another day, more played, I like the GC by additions in the strategy map. I found some bugs lately, I fixed some of them, more soon, probably when I play all the next battles, I will find more. But now with the last patch, I enjoy the game a lot more. People can tell me how they like GOG or Gold but without the last patches, these game versions are a piece of shit, I am not very interesting in to create mods of them and probably I will not update them more than each several months. It is a lose of time.

But EAW Steam.......it deserves be played.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2018, 01:05:13 PM »
Finally, tweaking the AI, I found a similar amount of difficulty more as the older 4.7B but even better where the AI attacks you more, with spawned fleets, many powerful units and even it counterattacks when you are in the orbit from a AI planet. The counterattack when you are in orbit was lost when I needed reduce the amount of AI units. But now with the last EAW Steam patch where the corrupted savegames are fixed, the amount of units builded by the AI can be increased without problems and we will get again epic battles.

In the video, I started a very difficult battle where I lose most of my units, in fact I started it again with the autosave because I did not use my interdictor in the begining and it could avoid several AI reinforces.

Very funny but at the end, I lost most of my fleet. Have fun.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2018, 06:16:53 PM »
More videos, closer to the 300 weeks. In the videos, you can see the information about fleets builded but I go to remove it because it has not sense.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2018, 06:00:12 PM »
More progress in the GC. Mostly discovering some bugs and testing somethings as the space units movement, I do not know because I test each some of time the same things. Reduce the speed rotation from starships is not better, they make more strange things and it increases a lot the rotation speed with longer curves, I do not like it, I removed it before and I have removed it after the last video showed today.

Mostly the next big change is the return from the disband fleets and ground commanders, however, in the Rebellion mod, there are not ground commanders and the disband feature is just used with the fleets. But it is perfect if you want build one single unit and to get a good amount of units with few clicks. Now you have two options, you can play with the fleet which it will give you unlimited units in battle or you can disband it and to get all the units from fleet in the galactic mode.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #155 on: June 04, 2018, 06:24:00 PM »
Reaching the 300 weeks. By a moment I thought how it would freeze but with exception from a bit of heavy lag, the GC continues. I have added several improves and changes lately. The new units which you seen before and today a change in the Golans. They had a problem, the AI and by default, they did not use the additional turrets in the enemies if you do not tell them nothing about target a enemy.

Now if you watch the small video from a space battle at Mandalore, the Golans rotate as a turret and they target enemies by default with their main weapons. Abilities fire is a bit different but I can not say how it is less powerful, if you are close to a Golan........be careful, it can damage or destroy your ship. :D

Remember, it is work in progress, there are somethings unfinished.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2018, 11:10:09 PM »
New video, you can see more close how the Golans run now. A lot better and more fun. Other curious thing is how if you deploy a fleet inside a battle and you retreat the units, you will see them in the galactic mode. It can be considered an error because you can get unlimited units and perhaps I will lose sometime making some changes in them for to avoid it. It would be neccesary by other reason because I believe how when you lose the units spawned in a battle, you can lose after the battle units in galactic mode, it was seen before and very probably it continues happening.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #157 on: June 07, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »
I continue the GC. You can see the new Rebel units in action, specially the new Rebel Gunship. It is a Gunship a bit more powerful than other similar units.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2018, 03:57:20 PM »
Same GC, new videos, specially you can watch in the second videos the final weapons from the T12B. Not more changes in the Rebellion mod than the new units because I am working in the regular FOC Alliance 8.0 adding GC with more planets and some more things.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2018, 12:49:24 PM »
Another video, the continuation from a long GC. Lately I am thinking a different thing, instead of to launch a different mod. I can add some of these features in the other mod. But not because it can be a mess. However, probably I will add one day the ground companies from the Rebellion mod.

Anyway, the Rebellion mod is a longer development mod and I do not want release it without be more finished.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2018, 02:04:47 PM »
Again playing the oldest GC showed by me these months. Today is more interesting because a new patch was released. As you will know the previous patch fixed the savegame crashing problem but the amount of time saving was increased. People playing the game in a HDD and recording the savegames in HDD instead than me with a SSD (Solid State Drive) had longer times saving and it was a problem because the game creates an autosave before you attack.

Now the last patch does not create the autosave before the battle. Better or worse now? if everything runs without problems is better but if you are playing a mod, you can not be sure if everything will run without crashes. Now, anyway, I recomend manually save before you play a battle. However for your information, playing this GC, I did not suffer more of two crahses and it was problems in maps fixed now.

AHerasI

• Colaborador/Collaborator
  • Clone Captain

• Email
« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2018, 11:26:26 AM »
Saludos Nomada.

He estado probando el conflicto pequeño del modo Rebellion del Alliance, jugando con el Imperio, y he detectado, por ahora, lo que creo que es un pequeño error.

Al construir un astillero pesado, se queda en órbita como si fuera una nave perteneciente a una flota, impidiendo su uso normal.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/AHerasI/screenshot/961969524131293307

Dependiendo de los filtros que use aparece un segundo icono de construcción de astillero que si coloca correctamente la estructura en órbita.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1487587037
https://steamcommunity.com/id/AHerasI/screenshot/961969524131306372

Todo esto con la nave de construcción en órbita.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:31:49 AM by AHerasI »
Languages: English, Spanish.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2018, 02:00:48 PM »
Gracias. Le hechare un vistazo.