This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VIII - Opinion - Attention spoilers  (Read 364 times)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Star Wars Episode VIII - Opinion - Attention spoilers
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:21:58 AM »
Well I have watched the film and I must say, I like it a lot. However, I would like remember how it must be watched forgetting all the previous stories from Legends, if you watch it thinking how the Legends was some as the real story, you will be wrong and you will not like the new films. These films must be considered as a new step in the Star Wars Universe, some similar to the seen with the comic heroes from Marvel and DC where there are several versions and always the initial/end stories are changed. If you see the new work from Disney as it, you will like it a lot.

On the contrary, if you see the older Legends as the true unique story and the new films as a re-make where they wasted all the previous stories, you will not like the new films. Just it. At my opinion, it is not logic, intelligent, it is search a confrontation where we can live with both parts from the SW universe without problems.

About the last jedi film itself. It is fun, with great moments, new things, many surprises, some things could be better, in films always there are some stupid but anyway, I enjoyed it, enough for to watch the film more times.

My more very good moments from the film are these:
-Death of Snoke.
-The Supremacy Destroyed.
-The Millenium Falcon attack.

These three parts were very good, funny, awesome.

The stupid moments at my opinion, these things which you can see in all films where some poeple climb a mountain by the hard wall but there was a ladder in the other side or these point where some out place is added.

-Poe destroying the Dreadnought turrets with his T-70. Where are the Dreadnought shields? Things like that were showed before in other films and they continue being stupid. Where is the armor? if the starship can lose weapons so easily, what I can say........it is stupid......compare it with the final attack at Rogue One...... :o

-The Resistance Bomber. It launchs boms as a B-52. I do not see it a problem because it is new. It is stupid because this type of bomber were not made for to attack nothing more than ground or stationary targets in a far range. Attack the Dreadnought with some like that is very very very stupid.

-Empire fleet pursuit the Resistance fleet. Again other stupid tactic. Why can not the Empire jump and put his starships in front of the Resistance ships.

-Resistance ships with low fuel, never this parameter was showed. I do not know what to say.......in the end of the film all the transports are loaded with fuel.........is there fuel or not? it looked very strange.

-Resistance transports have not shields. It looked a bit strange. Weak shield had looked better.......

-Resistance frontal attack against the Imperial walkers.......another stupid tactic against a vehicle with all or most of the weapons in the front.

-The Imperial ram.........a weapon dragged by two ground vehicles........it looked stupid. I had made how the Imperials have recovered a gun from the destroyed Dreadnought.

Well, perhaps the list can be increased. These things happen with all films. Always. Some of them are considered director licenses.

For end, if I am not wrong, there is a bad news after this film, the Episode IX will be directed by JJ. For me JJ is the worse director from all hollywood. He has not made nothing more than remakes, all the worse, a complete failure and its films are not fun really. Compare the Episode VII with the Episode VIII. I do not like him. Specially because he made disaster with the Star Trek films. He did not made a single story with them and I do not see with great eyes his SW work.

Well, you can give your opinions.
I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: Star Wars Episode VIII - Opinion - Attention spoilers
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 11:56:32 AM »
I forgot comment another stupid thing. The turbolaser proyectiles from the Supremacy, they are huge, even they remember to some proyectiles from my mod but they look as affected by the gravity, what gravity in space? they look strange by this.

Ah the Resistance Bombers are more exactly as B-17 from WWII. Probably the most stupid from all the film.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 06:12:11 PM »
Here you can see one thing very curious, the Resistance Cruiser, the Raddus, most of the people probably do not know too well the ship because in books, photos and in most of the film was not showed the bottom. But it is as you see. It is a canon photo. In the film only it is showed a bit when the Raddus starts the final jump, the better scene from all the film probably, very impressive and new, never we have seen nothing like this.

Well, people thought how the bottom was as the top but..........it is not true. The model probably from Battlefront or other Disney source, it is a bit high poly for EAW but with some changes and a texture......it can be very good.

Slice

• Clone Captain

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 08:42:18 PM »
Reminded me a of a Harbinger or smaller Viscount when I first time saw it in the Movie.

linnaean-concentrated