This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: Trouble with AI Ship production (1.06d w/ patch 1)  (Read 666 times)

Rook

• Clone Corporal

Trouble with AI Ship production (1.06d w/ patch 1)
« on: January 08, 2018, 05:34:05 AM »
Good day,

I'm a big Star Wars fan, and love the way Polaris Sector handles fleet production and combat. Naturally, I had to give your mod a shot.

Trouble I'm having is that the AI is only producing fighters. I haven't seen any cruisers, or corvettes. Even the Empire, who you'd think would push to build larger ships, has only been producing fighters. After months of in-game time, I'm wondering, is this a bug? I am playing on Easy difficulty at the moment.  Is that the problem?

Appreciate any feedback you can provide. And, hope this is the best place to post this kind of report.

- Rook
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 05:37:02 AM by Rook »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: Trouble with AI Ship production (1.06d w/ patch 1)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:56:16 AM »
I see it as a patience problem, first you have played few and second you are playing at easy. If you play easy, you can not wait nothing more than an easy game.
I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Rook

• Clone Corporal

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 01:42:19 PM »
Right o. Just so we're on the same page, I probably have about 8 hrs on that campaign. Also, I suppose I wanted your reassurance that the AI do build bigger ships. :)

I'll try a new campaign on higher difficulty and report back.

Rook

• Clone Corporal

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 07:53:46 PM »
Alrighty. After some testing, and then some digging around... still nothing but fighters, freighters, and ground units.

A couple questions:

What's the recommended installation procedure for Alliance 1.06d? Did I miss a step? I'm working on a fresh install of Polaris Sector with Lumens DLC.
 - Extracted Alliance 1.06d to game dir
 - copied Alliance "REMEMBER.cfg" to Documents/.../Polaris Sector
 - Extracted Alliance 1.06d Patch 1 to game dir, overwriting files.

I found this post by you on the Slitherine forums, in the modding help section...

Postby Nomada_Firefox ยป Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:27 pm

In the Doctrine folder you can see many of the things about the AI. By example, if you want add a new type of space unit and you want the AI playing with it, you must edit the files in the Doctrine folder.

After checking, it looks like my downloads of Alliance 1.06d and the patch didn't include any Doctrines folder. So, I downloaded the initial 1.0b and noticed that it had a Doctrines folder. You think if I copied it into the mod directory it would solve my problem?

Any help/advice is welcome.

- Rook

p.s. Even with this problem, I'm enjoying dominating the Galaxy with my Galactic Republic fleet. Just want you to know I appreciate your hard-work.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 08:20:07 PM »
Your problem is only impatience. It is a long game, why do you want see the AI building big ships in the begining? do you want be destroyed at five months?

For the record, the timing is not the same in the mod as the original game.

Rook

• Clone Corporal

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 08:42:28 PM »
What difficulty level do you recommend playing on? And about how many months/years could one expect before seeing corvettes and level 1 star ships flying around?

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 08:47:09 PM »
Normal level. What have you researched? Between the point where you told about to start a new game and now......probably you could not advance too much in the game, it is a long and slow game.

Rook

• Clone Corporal

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 09:02:30 PM »
In my new game, not very far. Dual TRE, Compressed tanks (small red), missile pylons, Medium Turrets, a few of the theories, and some other early components.

I usually set my research focus to the sciences for a while (mathematics, physics, etc).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:04:54 PM by Rook »