This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: Polaris Sector Alliance 1.06e Patch 3 Released  (Read 2231 times)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: Polaris Sector Alliance 1.06e Patch 3 Released
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 06:04:51 PM »
At theory it was fixed. Just I have not time for test everything. Modding is made with free time, my own money, my own time, if I enjoy other things at this time, you can not wait me centering at any other work, you can make a donation to the web site and perhaps it increases my interest in the game and the mod. Because lately just I am modding FOC and playing Battletech.  ;)
I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2018, 04:59:57 PM »
Well. I have been working in a new patch, it will unlock for most of the races most of the stuff made before for the mod. There were many things locked by the customized tech added in the Lumens DLC.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2018, 10:07:29 AM »
Some news here. Discovering because many things are blocked. Not only the Death Star core with the First Order, I saw how the problem was the customized tech for some factions. Solution? disable most of this customized tech which it stops from to build many things.

You can watch in the video what happens after unlock all these things. I tried it with a previously started game, it was faster, to make changes in the game is difficult if you need test something which you get in a very advance part from a game.

Now, I can build many things with the First Order. If I had started a new game, many of these things would be in the begining. Of course there are some problem, by example the type of research in the center of the research screen is too long. Probably somethings can not be seen because there are too many.

For a future, today, tomorrow or other day, perhaps I can try to create a better way for to unlock the important things......but thinking about this......it would be a mistake because with the default research tree from the First Order, you will not see many of the shield generators, weapons, engines, energy generators.........the original was thought for the Lumens which they do not share too much things with other races, by this reason, I do not like explore too much if I can unlock the same with a smaller tree. Perhaps I can explore it a bit but not too much, the research file is a big puzzle.

I prefer enjoy my time making other changes as reduce the amount of consumes, increasing the amount of things builded without get problems building a big fleet. Perhaps adding new units for the Resistance replacing the Corporate Sector. I want add another Supremacy model. I go to make for sure these things this summer. But I will release this tech update today.

About other problems. I know how you know about starships firing weapons out their hulls. It can not be improved too much or nothing. It is difficult explain because it happens but at few words, it is not a 3D model, there are not position for weapons, many things are set by procedures and the starships were not added as the originals. However, it was the unique way.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2018, 11:56:12 AM »
I have released the last patch. More sooner or later. I added this time a smaller version from the patch. Just with the new files.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-polaris-sector-alliance/downloads

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2018, 12:11:49 PM »
I go to make more changes, some balance features, increase from speed building a bit and the backgrounds, even perhaps some screens if it is possible. I have some ideas. Specially I do not like the battle background, it is too dark and for me, the first used in the mod was better. We will see the next days what I can do with these things.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2018, 11:48:27 AM »
I have been playing more and I will play more. Lately I have been making some testing and changes with code. My general idea is to get a thing different to the original where you can build a big amount of starships as the AI makes by example without be in trouble with resources.

Because with the original settings, when you try to build big ships and many of them, you get problems with many resources, even with many mines, planets and more. I do not like it. At least with the amount of planets from the video, I should build a fleet with 25 star destroyers without problems.

By this reason, I have been making changes in the amount of resources extracted by mines. Tweaking a bit these things.

Other points are the building times, I have increased them a bit. Of course, I have checking and working in the research. But I must start a new campaign or I will not see most of these changes.

About problems without they can not be resolved or better die than to try resolve them by their complexity. I have a list of things which never will be better.
-Heroes. Any problem with them. The code is not a matter from me and mostly they were made for to give you an advantage building.
-Galaxy background and some extreme brightness with amounts of planets. Stars are very close.
-Starships firing weapons out the hull. It is not very clear if it is a problem from them rotating too fast, if the 320 images from each unit in each zoom level are not too transparent in some parts or if it is because these units were made from a different way than the originals. Clearly I do not go to check the more of 187.000 different images.  ;D

These are the three problems which probably can not be improved. All the other things can be improved and I will improve things a bit more.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2018, 05:26:45 PM »
More changes, tested, I have improved some things with the idea from to build many things without problems. However, if I share it, it will be probably as an optional addition.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2018, 11:17:38 AM »
Second part from the previous video. I am working in this moment in the replacement from the Supremacy model, you can start to forget the model from the video. I will add at least another new ship for the the First Order, perhaps two, one at least, the Interdictor.

In the end from the video, there is a big battle where I launch all my units against the Rebels. I do not know if I choose the planet with more enemies, the wrong units or what but the amount of them is crazy. I will continue playing and I will see what happens, it is interesting.

linnaean-concentrated