This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0  (Read 19590 times)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0
« Reply #255 on: June 08, 2019, 12:06:44 AM »
I have remade at 100% the Katana Fleet mission from the Trilogy of the New Republic time era in the campaign. It has a lot of good additions. The video adds several different battles more. There are somethings which they must be improved in ground battles but everything are running mostly as it must be.

It took me at least three days remade it, most of the troubles by test it in a previously started campaign. When you play it, it will run even better.

One big change is the remove from all the combat bonus from heroes, they disturb too much the new balance. Perhaps in a future I will add some of them but now, better to run without these special multipliers affecting to all the units in the map. At least it will be in space, in ground, I have not removed them.

Probably looking the video, you will note how the ISD MKI Judicator can not defeat the shields from the Quenfis frigate, it happens because this frigate is more powerful. The new balance is very special, all the weapons are balanced with the shields from starships and fighters. But I am sure how some people will not like it or they will not understand it.

With a mod like this, with thousands of different units but many sharing weapons, my unique chance of a good balance was thinking the damage per shot from a type of weapon. Said this, when more turbolasers have a starship, better it will be against the enemy units.

By this reason, I told you before how the Imperial units had advantage against the early Rebel units. Because also the arcs of fire from all weapons have been changed but a while a MC80 fires to the back, left, right and front, a ISD fires more weapons to the front. This thing will create different combats. More realistic, you can note this in the videos.

In the video, if I do not remember badly, you can watch some new additions in weapons from some units.

And speaking about the new update, probably it will crash your previously savegames, there are many changes and some of them will not work at 100% with a new GC.

However I go to need more days, perhaps one week or more.

I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

« Reply #256 on: June 08, 2019, 05:20:07 AM »
I removed Tarkin from the ISD because I wanted the Death Star in the begining of several GC. His ISD was named Allecto. I do not go to use names from other sources than the old UE. Perhaps in a future I will add the ISD again, if I add a story starting before the Episode IV. But this year.........I see it very far. I am centered in what I am centered.

Upgrade heroes is not a thing which it will run with everybody. I told you about it before.
That's fair about Tarkin not appearing in his ISD where he already is in the Death Star. The Executrix name did come out in the EU, although it was around the 3D Clone Wars show, so it might be a bit too new. How about Piett, though? I know that he eventually transfers into the Executor but he was certainly around in his Accuser as a Captain.

As for Thrawn, that was mainly because it takes up time to kill his Empire Era version in order to get the New Republic Era version. It would make things easier and less time consuming to upgrade him, but I can accept your decision not to add the feature if it complicates things.

Ah you told about this. The blind spot is as some as Lando in the Return of the Jedi saying "engage these super star destroyes in point flank range" or some like that :) , always you will see positions where they can not fire. Adding more weapons firing to the top or bottom would not be fun because you lose all the tactical with this. Continue watching videos and you will understand how it is correct.
I think that was more because of the Emperor arrogantly ordering the star destroyers not to fire on the Rebels because he wanted the Death Star to pick them off one by one. Lando saw this and ordered the Rebels to engage them since they were easy targets and to do it at point blank range to use them as a shield from the Death Star's laser. There is one point where they show Rebel fighters in the Executors' superstructure and you can see some of their point defense weapons firing on them. I'm assuming that most of the ships followed the Emperor's order out of fear or respect but they either still used some of their other smaller caliber weapons, just not the turbolasers, or some of them ignored the order as the battle continued and turned against the Empire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cS3zNDkaiA&feature=youtu.be&t=10
You can see what I was talking about here around 0:10

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #257 on: June 08, 2019, 04:38:42 PM »
What to say, I do not go to change anyhing about weapons now. ;D But you have not the new version yet.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #258 on: June 08, 2019, 11:44:55 PM »
Same mission than before but with one addition, the reset if you fail completing the mission. In addition, I added a trick, if you destroy the Peregrine, the Admiral Thrawn will enter in the battle with the Quimera and it can deploy his four destroyers fleet.

I will add the reset in some missions, not all, Endor and other several missions have two optional finals or they must finish with a type of end.

I told you how I would not add the reset but it was not very difficult and I saw how some missions deserve this feature. In fact, with this, it is more a real campaign.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #259 on: June 11, 2019, 03:53:26 PM »
The Battle of Coruscant is another mission from the Trilogy of the New Republic time era in the Star Wars Grand Campaign added in the mod. I have been working in several improves for it.

This mission did not need big changes, just some conditions, now you will not win if you lose any of the Imperial Star Destroyers. More than attack, you must protect these ships from the enemies with a group of forces without any special anti fighter unit. A small challenge.

It is just one of the new improves. After this battle, there are a new Bilbringi mission with a new name, it is "Survival in Bilbringi". If you do not imagine the story, I go to tell you.

After be killed the Grand Admiral Thrawn by his Noghri bodyguards, his fleet was defeated in Bilbringi but Pellaeon was trapped in the retreat with the Quimera and you will need to save him. Your orders will be move the Chimaera to the jump point. It is a mission very similar to the concept of missions in the original game, very good and fun.

It is not the unique improve from the past days. In the Dark Empire, there are several changes. First from all, in the begining the Imperial forces are in civil war and you will need defend yourself against them. Next, you must attack the Rebel forces crashed in Coruscant. I have made a very special mission for it. You will see these thing the next days.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2019, 11:53:10 PM »
This is the next and very new mission, Survival in Bilbringi, it is the name from the new Imperial mission focused in the never told events after the failure in the Bilbringi battle where the Grand Admiral Thrawn was assasinated. 

The idea from this new mission coming because the Battle of Bilbringi with the Imperials winning was not a great idea. I wanted some realistic according to all the events after this battle and I want some new, never done and much, much fun.

As I told before, it is the retreat from the Chimaera and Pellaeon after the Bilbringi events. This mission is very fun, I have made it as you watch in the video but probably it can be finished from another ways. You will be able to try all them.

This mission must be completed if you want continue the campaign and if you fail completing it. The game will launch the mission again. Equal to the system from the original game. It will happen with more missions in the campaign and it is not the unique mission remade at 100%. There are a lot more coming.

As always, probably I will release the next update a bit late, I must finish other things. Even the suggestion from Vionix telling how the SSD should add weapons targeting the top or down from some big units. I am testing it now with the Eclipse MKII.

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2019, 03:10:35 AM »
This is the next and very new mission, Survival in Bilbringi, it is the name from the new Imperial mission focused in the never told events after the failure in the Bilbringi battle where the Grand Admiral Thrawn was assasinated. 

The idea from this new mission coming because the Battle of Bilbringi with the Imperials winning was not a great idea. I wanted some realistic according to all the events after this battle and I want some new, never done and much, much fun.

As I told before, it is the retreat from the Chimaera and Pellaeon after the Bilbringi events. This mission is very fun, I have made it as you watch in the video but probably it can be finished from another ways. You will be able to try all them.

This mission must be completed if you want continue the campaign and if you fail completing it. The game will launch the mission again. Equal to the system from the original game. It will happen with more missions in the campaign and it is not the unique mission remade at 100%. There are a lot more coming.

As always, probably I will release the next update a bit late, I must finish other things. Even the suggestion from Vionix telling how the SSD should add weapons targeting the top or down from some big units. I am testing it now with the Eclipse MKII.
Very nice updates with the missions on the Katana Fleet, the Battle of Coruscant, the Battle of Bilbringi and the Pellaeon's survival in it.

Also thank you for taking consideration of my suggestions and feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I have been playing this mod for a long time, I believe since 2010 or earlier even, and am a big fan of it.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #262 on: June 14, 2019, 01:14:23 PM »
Good suggestions which they are possible. They can be accepted. Impossible or bad suggestions, never. Of course, many times, it is a matter of tastes.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #263 on: June 14, 2019, 04:49:00 PM »
This video shows how the Dark Empire begins in the campaign now. In this time line, there was an Imperial Civil War, you will see some traitors over Coruscant and they will attack your planets probably. If you do not defeat them fast, they will create a big headache for you because you will have two factions vs you.

The Coruscant mission is another big addition, it is a ground mission where with a small group of forces, you must take down the Rebels around a crashed ISD over the Coruscant surface. You have a officer and when you defeat enemies, it can get more units for you in different points of the map. This mission is very similar to the missions from the original campaigns.

I want create another new ground mission inside the Dark Empire era before I release the new update. I have some very good ideas. It will deserve the wait.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2019, 05:45:48 PM »
I have been thinking and I go to update the mod today but I will set as work in progress the campaigns because it is the true, they are a work in progress and it goes to take many time more. But there are more than enough additional features/improves inside the mod update.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2019, 12:48:47 AM »
I told you how I would update the mod yesterday but I want take some more of time with some things from the campaign. We will see what happen.;)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #266 on: June 17, 2019, 08:53:22 PM »
This is my today work, a ground map simulating the inside of a World Devastator. It was in first place a replacement for the mission in the Mon Calamari planet but it will be a secondary mission in the same planet. In this missing, you must clean the World Devastator from enemies with mostly infantry, just you can find a small team of AT-MP as reinforce. Have fun.

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2019, 05:55:08 AM »
This is my today work, a ground map simulating the inside of a World Devastator. It was in first place a replacement for the mission in the Mon Calamari planet but it will be a secondary mission in the same planet. In this missing, you must clean the World Devastator from enemies with mostly infantry, just you can find a small team of AT-MP as reinforce. Have fun.
This is a cool idea and map. It makes me wish Petroglyph would have made more interior maps and more props for them so that it would look like the interior of a working factory ship. Like that mission where the Zann Consortium sneaks into Palpatine's museum, that was a really nice level with a decent amount of props.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #268 on: June 19, 2019, 03:51:42 PM »
This is the video from the first mission from the Mon Calamari attack with the World Devastators in the Dark Empire time era. I should have showed it days ago but I was very deeply concentrated in the World Devastator mission. It took me two days discover several things. But now I can continue and with the knowledge learn in this mission, I made the New Alderaan mission in half of a day.

This is a simple space mission without too many difficulty. But very probably I will increase the difficulty in the final version because the AI is a bit weak or stupid, stupid is probably the answer because if you play with these Rebel units, you can destroy the World Devastator without problems.

The Mon Calamari part has three missions. The last is the mission from inside the World Devastator and you must be defeated in the previous ground combat if you want play it. ;)

In a future, I would like to make more missions, one in Dashoocha with the Eclipse, at least for the Rebels. A complete mission in Onderon with the Emperor and perhaps some more.

In addition in the campaign. The Eclipse I and II will not be builded, they will be the ships from the Emperor Reborn. At the end, the main idea from the campaign is not build everything in a Galactic Conquest, it is to play the missions and follow a story. Defend you agains the enemy and perhaps attack some planets.

@Vionix. Creation of props take time. The mission inside World Devastator adds some props, some of them very cool ideas, yesterday at night, I was a bit inspirated and I made some very curious things.  8)

Petroglyph people made what they made, enough for me and I can understand very well because they have not made more.  ::)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2019, 10:34:16 AM »
I have improved the space map from Vladet. It will be the first from many more space maps improved with new space props. I do not like the empty space maps. Stations, asteroids fields, Nebulae, all the things can be added inside these maps increasing the fun a lot. Slowly but sure, I will edit more space maps.

In this battle, you can see how I have added several new features to the Eclipse. It has gravity well generators and other abilities. In a first moment, I wanted it with a automatic interdictor ability and I continue thinking how it would be the best but the usual code for this goes to need a lot of changes. This ability is a bit special.

About the update, there are chances that I release it this weekend. If I find some of time.......and I must finish other things before.