This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0  (Read 6071 times)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 10:45:35 AM »
I was thinking how make this change and I did not remember how it was really the 7.63X. I did not remember how I removed the Corporate, Chiss, Hapan and Hutts, adding the Pirates faction. I was confuse and thinking in other problems. It was easier than I thought and by a moment, I thought about this some months ago when I updated the 8.0 to the Rebellion. Now with the 7.63X, just I need update it with all from the 8.0 before the Rebellion update. It would add even some new units from First Order and more.

At the end, the older version from the mod before I added the Rebellion stuff with the new heroes recruit and more will replace the older 7.63X adding even the last 8.0 stuff. It will give you two different type of play.
I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 06:11:30 PM »
Some news here. I have updated the 7.62X just with a group of fixes and the bigger Total War GCs. It was the petition from another player who he made a donation to the web site. I have told before how I would take at big consideration the opinions and wishes from people making donations.

About other things. I do not go to add invisible turrets because it is fully unneccesary. I prefer use my time adding real turrets in some models. Specially when the same behaviour can be made with normal hardpoints. Anyway, you will see turrets in more models.

And well, nothing more by the moment. More soon.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 02:14:06 PM »
The week is coming to the end and I continue adding turrets with movement in more units. Lately I have been working in the Protector Star Destroyer and other Republic units. The Protector and Legacy are in the end of the video because I could not build them before I was destroyed.

At the same time, the Corellian Light Cruiser is wrong because it has 12 turrets. Ignoring the errors, it goes fast but not very fast and clearly I will need weeks before I release it, perhaps months.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2018, 11:22:13 PM »
Today I have been testing a new skirmiss way where I can get a similar way to the original game. It is better because the difficulty between levels is bigger and each battle is more different. It is a preview playing at easy level.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2018, 02:53:27 PM »
More testing from a new skirmiss way where I can get a similar way to the original game. It is better because the difficulty between levels is bigger and each battle is more different. It is a preview playing at medium level.

Playing the same map, you can see the changes in the difficulty and how the AI builds units.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2018, 11:00:55 PM »
The new skirmiss way playing at hard level, now you can compare the three difficult levels. For your information, the stations destroying ships easily is one thing where I am working. At the end, many of them will lose the ability making this maximun fire because they will add other things as turrets.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2018, 10:14:20 AM »
No videos now, later probably but I am working in a big battery of improves and fixes. Some are balance issues, other fixes with somethings which never they crashed the game but they were not made perfect and others are changes which I like more.

This is my list from these things:

-Turrets with movement in many space units. Most of the units with these feature in the old versions from the mod are finished and there are many new, many changes.
-The Maximun Power Fire ability has been removed from all stations and most of the space units, I will use it only in some very special units where it works better. After years of see how it runs, it runs better with some proyectiles as missiles, torpedos or some special lasers, for other things is a problem and specially in stations is bad because this attack fired by the AI, usually destroys ships.
-Fighters/Bombers, I want more differences in them. I have changed the weapons in all them. I want interceptors being powerful against bombers, superiority fighters being more powerful cleaning the space from enemy fighters and weak fighters without shields or bad armor being destroyed at few time. The long dogfights looks bad for me, it is not a simulator, I like more a wargame.
-A space skirmiss as the original game, random and where you can build slowly your units, nothing of be attacked too fast but not too easy. Now it works. I did not know how to make it before but looking it, it was very easy. In ground........I can not promise anything because it is different and the problems are different.
-Many other fixes around the mod, not too important but at least fixes and other small improves. I told you sometime ago how I was more interested at improve things than to add new things.
-Fighters/bombers showing a shadow when they fly over a starship. I have added more but it is a work in progress, it can take some of time.

Well this is my last battery of changes. Probably you will enjoy it soon.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2018, 11:00:46 AM »
If you had the EAW Steam from time ago, you will know how the mods can be updated each few time easily as they were a original game. By this reason, I update it each few time trying do not disturb too much to the players or following the suggestions from people which they deserve it because they made a donation to my web site.

Now I go to update the mod again but not with everything. The turrets with movement at starships and fighters changes will not be added by the moment because all them are a work in progress.

There are many things added. Many are fixes.

-Changed difficult settings, easy is a bit more harder, medium y level where IA units are not harder and hard is hard.
-Bounty values increased.
-Increased the default Space_Guard_Range.
-Republic Acclamattor I shield
-Removed maximun power fire ability at stations, now the chances from be your units destroyed by one burst are zero or minimun. I have replaced it by a similar ability at essence but it works different.
-Fixed some tech from Empire Rebellion GCs. VSD III, Allegiance and Faragut are researched by Leth and the ISD III, EX-F by the Admiral Pellaeon Bloodfin.
-Fixed several sounds and voices code, even some sound files.
-Space skirmiss mode improved.
-Ground skirmiss mode improved a bit.
-Fixed some AI lua, nothing important.
-Fixed repeated Lambda file.
-AI from Rebels, Empire and Black Sun builds again individual ground teams. The Rebellion ground teams are not longer in the begining of the GC. At the end they are generic heroes but you can build them, the same than the AI and they are used in multiplayer.
-Some small fixes and improvements in sandbox.
-Some small tweaks in other things from code.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 11:02:25 AM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2018, 08:17:57 PM »
I have seen some problems with heroes deploying reinforces and I go to make them as in the old 7.55. It should have been made time ago. The problems are mostly in raid attacks.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2018, 01:51:26 PM »
Few moments ago I have added new small update with these fixes and improves.
-Fixed Freeside tech levels.
-Improved Total War GCs initial units from special factions.
-Added Freeside tech 1 spaceunits.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2018, 04:21:47 PM »
Many important fixes today, another more now:
-Eye of Palpatine can be builded with a frigate shipyard and a research station 3 in the asteroid planets.
-You do not need lose the Tarkin Station if you want build the Death Star 2.
-AI research station 3 fixed.
-Mini Death Stars can be builded with a frigate shipyard in Coruscant and without Lemisk 2 who he is not in all the GC.
-Coruscant and all the asteroid planets can build a frigate shipyard.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2018, 05:56:49 PM »
 You will see new stuff soon but meantime I have been working in other things as the Centerpoint weapon, now it fires better and this weapon was created for explode before it reachs the target. At the end, it damages all the enemy units closer to the target. However now thinking, perhaps if I make a special super weapon as the Eclipse I at construction from Byss. It would be a lot better. I do not know because I have not made it before.

Other improve is the turbolaser ring builded in the main starbases level 3, 4 and 5, now it adds turrets with movement. In addition, I have been thinking if I can add more building options. I have some ideas which I must explore.

Gheryon

• Clone Captain

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2018, 08:28:19 PM »
a que se debe el cambio reciente de hacer las torretas móviles? estéticamente es agradable verlas moverse, pero sobrecargan mucho la ejecución y normalmente no se ve el movimiento salvo que acerques mucho el zoom.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2018, 11:45:55 PM »
Pues que es factible, en su dia lo elimine porque ocupaba más que nada codigo pero no es una cosa preocupante ahora que el problema de las partidas guardadas esta solucionado. Respecto a que sobrecargan...........yo no veo tal cosa y lo he probado hasta en mi viejo pc, hasta diria que funciona igual o mejor. Pero la gracia que tienen, no es verlas moverse, es que cada torreta puede disparar por si sola a un blanco diferente y las naves quedan más realistas. No obstante tampoco creo que lo añada en todas las naves porque seria mucho trabajo pero si a muchas. En naves grandes seguramente no. No hace falta tanto. Me conformo con lo que tenia antes.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2018, 11:16:56 AM »
I have updated the mod with these three changes/fixes.
-I have removed several ship upgrades, by example, before you could upgrade a ISD1 to ISD2 and next to ISD3. Now you can not make it and only you can upgrade the ISD1 to ISD2 or ISD2 to ISD3. It is as it was made by me originally and it creates less troubles.
-Level 1 starbase from pirates fixed.
-Lambda shuttle death clone size fixed.

Now I am studing if I can add a additional filter button, it would be good divide some type of special units which they have not button or they are centered in a single button used by many other things.

About other things, as you could watch in last videos, I added the space shield structure inside the starbase building options, it was a test but I do not go to make it because this shield can crash the game sometimes. I have not removed it because it is fun and it does not crash the game always, it is more a problem of frames down too much, probably it is this. I do not know for sure.

However, there are chances that I add other special building options for the starbase, I have some ideas about what it can be good.

About more work, in this video, you can see my idea for the Centerpoint station where you are playing a battle at Tralus/Talus. I have added it some as a superlaser. The point now is change a bit the superlaser effect, increase the time firing, perhaps reduce the power from the weapon and clearly reduce the weapon reload time. If I make these changes, it would be better. Even perhaps a different sound.

About turrets, mostly now I am improving them in some ships, adding them in some stations and some more special ships with them. It goes fast.