This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0  (Read 3263 times)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2018, 11:14:33 AM »
I go to upload the mod today, at few time. I do not go to add any more stuff. I am working in some very special but it goes to take many more time. At the same time, I go to update or install Windows 10 Professional 64 bits replacing my more of 3 years old Windows 8.1 64bits. By this reason, better upload the mod now.

The main changes/fixes from the new version are these:
-Fixed Coronel Veers in the Imperial EAW campaign moving to Carida (not tested yett).
-Fixed Droids in the Rebel EAW campaign slice problem (tested).
-Removed Underworld campaign by several problems and the impossibility of edit it.
-Added the Admiral Raddus and the Profundity made by Warb_Null with a skin from Nawrocki.
-Added the Warb_Null Hammerhead seen in the Rebels tv serie with the Rebels. There are two versions, from the Republic and Rebel Alliance.
-Added the Rogue One Hammerhead as a Rebel Alliance Hammerhead upgrade.
-Added code from Smallpox for the different Z layer spawn positions.
-Fixed Harrow, Scimitar and Missile Gunboat research problems in Rebellion GC with the Empire.
-Added new heroe from CIS, Kul Teska. It will be upgrade in the future versions.
-Added new heroe from CIS, Wat Tambor. It will be upgrade in the future versions.
-Improved AI ground teams from Rebels, Empire and Black Sun. As before made, the AI builds the special ground teams formed by several ground teams but with one big difference. It does not use the additional ground units from these teams defending and it prevents the big amount of enemy defenders when you attack a planet in a ground map. These ground teams are better for the AI because it spawns more different units and more amount in ground attacks making them a higher challenge instead from the small amount of different teams attacking without them.

Probably I forget one fix/improve but these are the main changes.
I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2018, 04:31:57 PM »
As usually is said, better later than never. I had the model from months ago but the life is a bitch and Nawrocki could not finish the textures. Now probably I can finish it when I finish several other things. The list is long and secret for most of you.;)

« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 04:46:55 PM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2018, 10:07:44 AM »
Lately I am a bit lazy recording videos. I have been upgrading my primary, seconday  and tertiary PCs to Windows 10. I have lost some more of time playing with two of them adding a cheap Xenon X5460. In fact I have two socket 775 computers and I tried at one this. It was very good, even with the stock speeds, now I have bought another in aliexpress, these CPU comes with all the neccesary changes for the socket 775, they can be overclocked a bit and they run faster than many more modern CPU. Even I am thinking upgrade my older computer, the older with the Q6600 and the GTX660, with a most modern GTX 1060 3GB, I have tested before the GTX 1060 6GB with it and it ran very well, specially playing this mod. We will see if I make this change in Black Friday or later, anyway, these cards are cheap and by my experience, it will be very difficult see them under 200€, but I can wait, it is a fact. My primary concern would be to buy it before the summer where I use more this computer.

Anyway, I have recorded a video showing the new units added in space. For the record, I recorded the video playing with a faster building in skirmiss, time is gold.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2018, 11:52:12 PM »
One problem always with the new versions from a mod, they are the crashes playing older games. It can be solved, watch the video and read my comments about it.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2018, 12:09:11 PM »
Probably it will be a surprise for many of you, a change of scale from many ground things, starting by the vehicles. Never I liked too much the scale from some ground vehicles in the mod, starting by these Rebel tanks or the MPTL, this vehicle always was too small and it could not acomodate one or two pilots inside. Now I have made some vehicles much bigger and they look better in comparation with the infantry. It is a work in progress and it will take time check all the scale from vehicles. The infantry and most of the objects in the game are correct. In this video, only the t4b, t3b, mptl, t2b are with the fixed scales, the AT-AT always were correct. These big units were added comparing with things as the infantry which they have a correct size.

About the method used, it is the same from the space units, comparations with objects which we know how they are correct, here the infantry.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2018, 01:33:21 PM »
Today, I have updated the mod with these changes.
-Added capital shipyard at Mustafar, it lets build the Conqueror.
-Several vehicles, the stuff made by the moment with improved scale.
-Several improves relationated with the zlayer code.
-At least one new explosion particle added.
-Added some cosmetic changes in the game menu description.
-In the Total War GC with the Black Sun, this faction does not start to conquer everything before all the other activated factions. It will not start its movements before 2 minutes of the last faction menu in the begining. It will improve the fun a lot avoiding all the battles against the Black Sun.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2018, 08:56:37 AM »
I am continuing playing my older GC, in fact, it is so old than some of the last changes are not in the GC because I do not want start a new GC. But it is enough for to show you some special changes.

First, you will note how most of the battles are agains the Black Sun. For me, it is a mistake, the idea from the Total War GC was not this but it was difficult avoid this. In the last update, it is a bit prevented and the Black Sun AI does not start its conquest from the galaxy after 2 minutes of be showed the lastest AI menu. It was not very tested but it should give enough time to the other AI for to get some planets. It can be more perfect but perfection with this amount of AI factions is difficult.

Second. The scale from some ground units. The MPTL. The older had a small cockpit, it was so small than one or two men could not be inside. By this reason now, I have increased it a bit. Similar things happen with more units. But in the last version, just I have made it with a few units, it is a work in progress.

Third. With the units which they use the random zlayer code, you will see first sometimes the unit hidden with the hardpoints than the unit, it is normal and I do not know how to make it more perfect.

Four. Savegames are created very slow when you play a GC with most of the factions, it is a fact. When smaller is the GC and the amount of factions, faster run the game. Personally, I am tired from to play this big GC with most of the factions by this reason. But I go to try finish it, just by test many other things. However, to create a savegame is very very slow and I do not know how improve it.

Well, probably I will add some new unit in the next update and more and more things.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #97 on: November 19, 2018, 10:45:28 PM »
I have a new addition, a ground hero model for Wat Tambor. This curious CIS ground hero model will be a new addition in the mod. It is a great model made by Kurtis 'KMan' Smith for the game Jedi Academy.