This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0  (Read 19584 times)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2019, 12:51:09 AM »
This is the recreation from the mission 5 and 6 from the first TIE Fighter game campaign. The TIE Fighter game divides big attacks in several missions, in EAW, I have made some similar in one mission.

The video does not show the mission at 100%, I have hidden some parts for you, perhaps you get a surprise with them ;) . But you can watch how I have added special Gunboats armed with missiles for the mission, a improve in the Stormtransport weapons adding ion guns, in fact all these small transports have been improved and even I have added new container models. Other changes are the power from missiles, now the basic version should destroy a TIE Figher with one missile. Other fighters can need more missiles, depending from their armor and shields.

Ah another addition in the mission, the MC40 is stopped, without engines, most better according to the original mission.

With few luck, I will release the next update this week.

I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2019, 12:37:44 AM »
Before the next update (tomorrow), a small teaching. In the new campaign from the mod, playing with the Galactic Empire, you must conquer this planet as minimun if you want continue the missions after the Javin mission. In the begining, you can go to Hoth if you attack it and retreat, your ships will be moved to Eriadu but what happen when you want leave the sector? you must conquer it and it is one of the most heavily planets with others as Fondor, Sluis Van, Bilbringi, Mon Calamari, Kuat between others more. These planets have heavy defenses when they are controlled by the AI. Specially several Golan stations and the space hypergun/iongun cannons. These weapons can inmovilize and destroy most of you ships.

The video show one active tactic and other possible tactic. First launch units one after the other revealing more space, these heavy guns have not a big armor, just you need be close with a cruiser and you will destroy them.

The  second tactic could be the missile shield from a interdictor, with this, I could avoid these heavy weapon proyectiles but......it consumes too many energy, at least in a small interdictor and the Golans had destroyed it. However, some bigger units have it and more energy as the Tycon station. The Tycon station can even move with the missile shield active. 

Perhaps at this point from the campaign a Dominator Cruiser with the missile shield or three of them had been a better option. It will consume its shields but at least it has powerful turbolaser turrets and it can destroy many enemies in the process.:)

Anyway, now you know because I considerer this battle as a mission inside the campaign (small version).

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2019, 04:42:42 PM »
Coinciding with my birthday as other years, I have released an update from this mod. The list of changes is huge. You can watch the Ozzy667 CIS Supply Ship model with the customized features from the mod running.
-Fixed Crondre duplicated in big Legacy era GC.
-Improved space and ground proton torpedo impact.
-Improved space and ground heavy rocket impact.
-Improved space heavy bomb impact.
-Fixed Ga Specforce turrets.
-Added ground TIE Predator death animation.
-Added ground TIE Neutralizer death animation.
-Added ground Assault Bomber death animation.
-Balmorra space legacy map light improved.
-Fel Knights Sigma Shuttle shadow improved.
-Improved space balistic proyectiles explosion effects.
-Improved Sabertooth Missile Frigate proyectile.
-Added moving sound from Fel Sigma Shuttle.
-New abilities Knight Star Destroyer.
-New abilities and weapons improved from TIE Reaper and Annhilator.
-Added ground TIE Reaper death animation.
-Added ground GA Crossfire death animation.
-Added ground Krayt Annihilator death animation.
-Fixed Fel AT-ST weapons.
-Improved some ground laser proyectiles.
-Added ground GA B22 Bomber death animation.
-Added ground GA X38 death animation.
-Added ground GA Ionizer death animation.
-Sigma Shuttle landing transport improved.
-Increased AA shield damage for the TBAA, AA Missile turrets and MDU rocket pod.
-Fixed pilot survivors faction.
-Fixed and improved the new campaign.
-New grand campaign Airam Shipyard mission final video recording improved.
-Fighters, bombers, space ships better shields/weapons balance.
-Fixed Bulkcruiser hardpoints.
-Rebalanced shields/armor values from faction starbases.
-Autoresolve values balanced for all the space units.
-Fixed Fel/GA space constructor hardpoints.
-Fixed Republic ISD1 hardpoints.
-Blocked some advanced Rebel RB teams in the early tech levels.
-Fixed hidden MC80 cruisers.
-Yavin Old space map defense structures position put farer from the exit position.
-Added SSD Shipyard defense structures positions in Corulag and Corellia.
-Anoat Asteroids made less dark.
-Added pirates in planets from grand campaign as Ylesia.
-Executor space battle of Hoth fixed.
-Reduced turn speed from bigger ships.
-Ga Twighlight made squadron.
-Improved Veers, Inmodet and Covel ground teams.
-Added Mylok IV mission in campaign, ground and space battles.
-Added several new videos in campaign.
-Removed TIE Fighter missions in Rebel Campaign, in time X-Wing missions and others will be added.
-Improved Lusla mission from the campaign.
-Added new space container models.
-Improved Assaulttransport and other small ships.
-Added Ozzy667 CIS Supply Ship model.
-Improved difficulty system.
-Advanced Construction ship can build Golan III, Capital Shipyards and Frigate Shipyards in all planets by a high prize.
-Tycon Station can build space hypergun and iongun in all planets by a high prize.
-Tycon Station can build some space units deploying a stardock in orbit.
-Reduced rotation speed in some space structures.
-Added new planets and trade routes in the small and large campaign.

Remember, it is a mod only for the EAW Steam.

AHerasI

• Colaborador/Collaborator
  • Clone Captain

• Email
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2019, 07:40:15 PM »
Coinciding with my birthday as other years,

Si es así, feliz cumpleaños Nomada.
Languages: English, Spanish.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2019, 10:47:48 PM »
Gracias.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2019, 12:03:39 PM »
I have improved a bit the mod again. Some of these changes/improves/fixes are under testing and perhaps I will change a bit more the things. But I hope how the last fix in the AI improves the perfomance from the game creating savegame files where you could see them with more of 100MB in the first weeks. It will need testing but it should be fixed.

-Fixed problems targeting the Hu Ugly LAAT.
-Improved Anti Fighter weapons power to fire ability.
-Damage Anti Fighter weapons improved.
-Fixed survivor Hutts Pilots.
-Fixed Ylesia problems with faction.
-Veers AT-AT at Sarapin has not any longer reinforces playing with the Empire.
-Increased armor in Death Star and other super station.
-Increased rotation speed from Golans and other stations.
-Fix preventing a loop with the amount of buildings builded by the AI from Rebel, Empire, Black Sun. It is a thing under testing, but I believe how it increased the size from savegames a lot.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2019, 10:10:18 AM »
More improves and changes. I have been working a bit in the damage system and it will not be the last change.  The Airam shipyard is a good battle where I can test the resistance from ships. It is not the last addition, there is even one new hero. If you win this battle, you will get the Admiral Senn with his SSD. There is not a image from his face but I have some ideas about how get it.

The Admiral Senn and his ship, it has a special feature, it launchs all fighter squadrons in the begining and they have special weapons compared to others.

About the last update, from the past saturday, it was very neccesary because I made an error, one thing fruit from do not get a guide about what can be made or not and I made a loop where the Rebel/Empire/Black Sun AI was building groundstructures forever in planets, in time, it had overloaded the game and you would get a very big savegame file, I could see files with 140MB. It was so tedious opening/creating. But now it is fixed.

Other small improve was the rotation from some space stations. I increased it a bit more. Now, they do not rotate very fast but the AI has a chance from to target your units.

The Lancer and other AA ships were improved but probably it takes more time. I can not make these balance settings without test them a bit.

About campaign missions, I will add more new missions soon but with the Rebel Alliance will take a bit more of time because I want play them in their original games. I need somethings from them.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 11:01:03 AM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #217 on: April 22, 2019, 10:59:54 PM »
The Bannistar station is the biggest refuel base from the outer rim. In the mod, you can find the station in system and when you defend it, you see it and an additional group of Imperial units. It happens only playing with the Empire.

About the mod, in addition to several improves more, I have been working in to find a good speed for the Golan and other stations rotation. They were too fast. Now I want a slow value, not too slow but not too fast. The final value will be a bit more slow than you see in this video.

Other new additions will be improves in the units builded by the Tycon station. This big and expensive station can build a special shipyard and when the station is in the planet, you can build some additional units, some of them as the ISD2 spawn advanced fighters as the TIE Avenger, TIE Defender and Missile Gunboat. There is a big difference between build the normal units and these. Yes, the normal ISD2 can be upgraded with them but it is faster.

In addition the Tycon station let you build the Hypergunspace/Iongunspace stations by a high prize in all planets.

Other new addition will be the Lancer Frigate, I was not very happy with this destroying enemy fighters and I have remade it with the last model made by Evillejedi and with its 20 turrets fully running. Now it is a lot more powerful, more or less as it should be.

I will uploaded this upgrade this week, soon.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2019, 03:15:19 PM »
I will upload a new update soon, today or tomorrow. It has some additions. First a new heroe in the Campaign, the Admiral Senn seen in the game XvsT Balance of Power. The second addition is an improve in the Lancer Frigate with the last model from Evillejedi and the 20 AA turrets from the frigate fully running.

If I uploads it today or not, it depends from if I finish or not the additions from turrets in the Rebel stations and other plattforms. It can be considered a big addition and it fixes a crash in some battles.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #219 on: April 25, 2019, 12:46:07 AM »
I have updated the mod few moments ago. This is the list of changes/fixes/improves. I hope everything runs correct.

-Fixed Death Star, Tarkin Station and Death Star II builded in the begining of the campaign.
-Improved torpedoes, rockets, missile damages, flak.
-Added new Lancer model with 20 laser turrets.
-Fixed missing hardpoints Hutt Jabba Cruiser.
-Fixed some hidden space units builded by the Tycon Station.
-Tycon station can build the Loronar Strike Cruiser II.
-Added the Admiral Senn and the Vengeance as new hero and a prize after the Airam shipyard mission if you win.
-Fleets Sullustan exit position Dauntless I and II.
-Space units builded with the Tycon station spawn advanced fighters.
-Fixed CIS Gunship.
-KnightHammer hardpoints fixed.
-Black Sun Nebulon B hardpoints fixed.
-Fixed Trandosha in Dark Saber 121 planets.
-Disband R Fleet Tech 4 Fixed.
-Disband New Republic Army Regiment fixed.
-Disband New Republic Heavy Army Regiment fixed.
-Disband Imperial Field Command 4 fixed.
-Disband Imperial Field Command 5 fixed.
-Starship reinforces amount from disband Imperial field commanders fixed.
-Disband Imperial Fleet tech level 2 fixed.
-Disband Imperial Fleet tech level 3 fixed.
-Disband Black Sun Droid field commander fixed.
-Disband Rebel Fondor fleet fixed.
-Disband Rebel Mon Calamari fleet fixed.
-Bakura can build now a shipyard.
-Remade all the Rebel Stations and the death animations. All the 7 levels.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2019, 04:35:48 PM »
Finally, I have been working in a new ground weapons balance. I have been thinking about this a lot. The new system has been created in increment the survival from some units against some weapons. I do not go to explain how I have made it because a good modder must have some secrets. At the same time, the changes watched in the video are the first test from the first version, now after it, I can make some improvements.

The main goals are these:

-The infantry can not damage too much the heavy armored vehicles as a AT-AT.

-There are 5 levels of infantry, each of them can receive more damage. Infantry is better against infantry and lower armored vehicles.

-An AT-AT and another vehicles can not damage too much to the infantry. The infantry is fast and lasers can not target correctly.

-Artillery vehicles, laser and torpedo can make moderate damage in vehicles, depending from their armor and more damage in infantry. In the time from video it is not fully implemented.

-There are rockets more good against armored vehicles than against infantry.

-Infantry heroes are a bit better than the most powerful infantry but they are not invincible.

-Air units can survive more.

-Shields are not invincible, they add a plus of armor but nothing more.

Following these rules, I wait finish a very good balance this weekend. At least in this test, I could see how I could win to the AI playing hard and a complete batallion could enter the shielded enemy base without be destroyed all too soon. This is important because before you could not overload the enemy defenses.

Anyway, remember how this video is not the final version, there will be more customized tweaks from some weapons against some special units.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 04:39:40 PM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2019, 06:17:01 PM »
I have recorded another video playing with the last new ground balance. It is awesome because the last changes are very promising. It will not be the last, it will take some more time, more testing from me working in these things but I am sure how the ground combat will win a lot of fun.

At this video, you can watch the battle of Hoth "again" and if you compare with the previously showed video from it, you will not the difference, it is in the end of the video, I am sure how you will be surprised, excited when you watch the last additions in the battle.;)

The video has subtitles in battle of Endor, I explain a bit the changes.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #222 on: April 30, 2019, 10:26:42 AM »
More and more balance work. Balance weapons, armor and shield is a slow process. Now I am more working in customize some units. Fix some small problems and improve a bit other things. Even I am thinking what more I can add the next months.

I have a long list of possible things. Probably some space maps redone with more life and additions, there are space maps which they are very empty. In the original game and the 99,9% from the mods, space maps are empty. I do not like it when you can add a lot of new things.

There are list of some new units, most of them ground units, additional vehicles or infantry models for somethings added before.

The video can watch a bit strange in the middle because lately I do not record when I am saving the game, it is additional time and many times crash the external recorder because the frames down to zero for many time while the game creates the savegame.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2019, 04:45:12 PM »
These days I made a big improve in the AI. For years one of the things which I have not liked in the game, it was the AI building thousands of units from the same unit. In space I could reduce it adding limits in the amounts of units builded by the AI. But in ground, the same piece of code did not work because the time that you limit the build from a ground team, it builds the limit and the unit lets from to be possible builded. It was a big trouble.

How can I avoid it? in the past I tried an AI building only generic heroes because I could make the limits only with this type of hero. But it had another trouble, the AI did not build them as normal ground units and the end without ground units, the AI does not conquer neutral or enemy planets. It was the problem in several mods without ground units.

Now, what have I made? I discovered how to tell to the AI, build this unit even if it is a generic heroe. Now I must make all the ground teams builded by the AI as ground generic heroes. It is good but it goes to take me a lot of days. There are many. At least if I want a AI building many different things.

Another change at relation with this told before, it is the Rebellion teams. They are special ground teams which they spawn several other ground teams. They will be again ground generic heroes by the reason told before. It is not a problem, I saved the code before.

However it has an addition when the AI and the human player use them. Previously when the AI defended a planet with them, these units added a limit where they could not spawn the additional units because the AI many times used them defending planets and if there were ten of these teams spawning 4 additional teams each of them.......well, the game could be overloaded. The same limit was for the human player but perhaps nobody have seen it because usually you do not build these units for nothing more than a fast attack.

Anyway. I added a better limit where the unit does not spawn the units with one condition based in the amount of friendly buildings and friendly units. If there are enough friendly units and structures, it spawns only a single unit. This is the reason because in the video you see several Rebel beautiful A5.

At the same time, defending as the AI makes in the video, it lets the spawn from one group of the additional teams. At least it works as I say in my testing and I hope it does not work different in any possible battle.

With these things, the AI builds more variety of ground units and it should not overload the galactic mode so much as it could make before.

About balance, I continue working in it, customizing some ground and space units. I made another good discover which it lets me customize units without too troubles. It is amazing how many features can handle this game!

Playing, you will not see a battle like that. This was a testing from several AI improves but perhaps you will see some similar with different units.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 04:48:17 PM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #224 on: May 03, 2019, 05:56:15 PM »
Now is the time where I must test changes in balance and to make smal tweaks in the units.

I use my previously started campaign, clearly it adds some old bugs but it is enough and I must test the missions. I can not start a new campaign with each change.

The ground balance is not the last improve, there are another small graphic improve in progress. It will take some of time but you will note the change for sure when you see it in the next video.

Remember, tomorrow is the Star Wars day aniversary and by this reason, all the Star Wars games have a big discount, EAW Steam has a -65%. You will not get better price before Xmas.