This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0  (Read 19602 times)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2019, 11:47:05 AM »
This is the mission in the Pakuuni planet where you must defend a new XQ station in the frontier. In the time from this mission, I was working in the movement from smaller ships and balance from some units. Being played days ago, I am now working in more and more things, even I balance more space units, specially the big units.

I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
Mylok IV mission is another of the TIE Fighter missions added in the mod SW Campaign. It adds a very good balanced space mission and a in development ground mission.

There are many changes in progress relationated with the balance in space and ground. In addition a mayor AI improve is under developing, it will prevent to see the AI building thousands of the same ground teams overloading the game.

There is other small bug big graphic improvement, I will show you it soon. With luck, before the month ends, I will finish the next upgrade where probably the AI improves is the best change.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #227 on: May 07, 2019, 05:42:37 PM »
The first video shows the new balance in ground, the space will be different to the thing in this video. The ground would be the typical attack in a very well defended enemy planet.

I have worked more in balance, in fact I make small tweaks each day and when I release this new update, there will be more changes. In the final version by example, SSD are much powerful, in the Battle of Endor recorded in the second video, you can note it but.....the Supremacy by example is a lot more powerful than the Executor. The Death Star is another improve, it is more powerful.

Other things in progress are the movement from units. I am trying search the best. But I do not want a thing where units move very very very slow, even if clearly making so slow, you prevent strange movements because if they do not move a shit, at the end, you lose any tactical features. Small ships must be faster than huge ships, it must be by default.

In a non far future, tomorrow perhaps :) , I will improve the engines from some units and I will improve some more explosions.

At the end, many many improves. I can add new units but I prefer improve it to the maximun. In time, I will add some more, specially ground units. But in time, not now.

In the first video you can note how some unit icons look different, in the second there are more because I am remaking them with a lot more of quality. However, with easily more of 1000 different units, it goes to take a lot of time  ;D I do not know if I must laugh or cry, it goes to take a lot but.......the mod wins a lot with this small improve.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #228 on: May 09, 2019, 05:40:14 PM »
Another time era, another mission in the campaign. Based in a story from the Rogue Squadron comics. After the Endor video, perhaps you noted how the game did not changed the heroes for the Rogue Squadron time era. There was a small problem where if you did not conquer Yavin IV (or destroy), you could not jump to the next era. Now it has been fixed. It is the main problem from missions, you must think all the possible options.

At the same time, I could see how the last changes remove without problems heroes. It is great because it was a problem before.

Now I continue working in the remake some of the unit icons, mainly from space units, perhaps from ground units. But I found another job with the mod, another longer than the icons but possible. I am make some improvements in hardpoints. There is a small feature which I have been developing the past months and now I can start to add in the mod. It would be the addition from turrets with movement in all the ships, perhaps you are thinking how I am crazy because there are a lot of different units. But not, I am not exactly crazy, perhaps I have a corrupt mind but nothing more far.

My idea is the replacement from the normal turbolaser/ion hardpoints by turrets with movement, but these turrets are not normal turrets, they are invisible. You can not see anything different when you compare them with normal hardpoints. What is the point here? a ship with these turrets has a different behaviour, its weapons can target more of one unit. With the normal hardpoints is very difficult set a group of weapons firing only the targets in one side. With this is easier.

Anyway, there are many units, replace one type of hardpoints by others can take..........better do not give a date. Just I have tested it at three units by the moment.

About the AI improve, it goes slow but sooner or later I will finish it. Just there are many different units. ;)

Sonki3

• Clone Captain

« Reply #229 on: May 10, 2019, 07:26:58 PM »
I have a question about the skirmish. Something seems to be odd.

Why is it, when you play the Black Sun in a space battle and you upgrade your LVL 4 starbase to a LVL 5, that the amount of units I, the player, can build reduces instead of increases? :(

Oh and I think I found a bug. In the skirmish the Black Sun cannot build the Keldabe Battlecruiser Mk I.

Thanks  :)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #230 on: May 10, 2019, 11:15:24 PM »
You can build less units but you can build the units in other stations.

But I must check the other thing.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #231 on: May 12, 2019, 01:05:17 AM »
I have recorded a new video showing the last additions. The video has english subtitles but I go to resume you all.

As I said before I am making these improvements:

-Remade from all unit icons or at least the space icons.
-Improve from starship movement.
-Improve from ground units builded by the AI.
-Improve from the ground balance.
-Improve from the space balance.
-Improve from weapons behaviour in starships remaking them with new hardpoints.

Not all these things will be completed all in the next update, it is not neccesary the remaking from the hardpoints and it is a thing very slow. From the other things, I have almost made all with exception from the AI improvement and icons, both are slow things and I like test things.

About changes and what you will note first, when I release this update one day. The most significant change is the return from the older speeds from starships because at the end, I did not like the slower speeds, it does not increase tactics too much and it makes battles slower. But now the units, specially big units, they turn slower and they accelerate slower, at the end, the movement will be slower. I hope this fixs the strange movement problems. Who knows, some of these things are product from just a old game running in a modern computer.

Other big change is the space balance, I have tried several things and the last is the better. I am sure how some people will not like it because it remembers to the older settings from years ago where sometimes combats could be slow. But now it is better and different.

Now the torpedoes and other balistic weapons do not make a big damage, one single group of 3 fighters can not defeat the shields from a Star Destroyer, with the abilities perhaps they can get some shots but not as before. The enemy and you will need big groups of bombers if you want get some damage in a Star Destroyer. At the end, before the primary anti-starship was the torpedo and now I have reduced the effect from these weapons in the starships. It makes battles more fun where your units go losing hardpoints slower.

Anyway, I recomend you watch the video and do not be a fool as the user named Jan asking things which I do not go to answer because it is far away from my obligations. :o ::) ;D

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #232 on: May 13, 2019, 01:36:14 PM »
There is a feature from the game lately which it is a big headache. I have told before about how it was a bad idea and I do not know because I tried it again. Perhaps I followed the opinion from others which they did not know a shit about what would happen and I ignored how unrealistic it was because there thousands of examples in SW films where we can see a ISD moving fast, they were not slow ships, in the Empire Strikes Back, the Millenium Falcon is pursued very close by the Avenger, an ISD. The SSD? more from the same, the Executor is not slower than a ISD. How fast a Corellian Corvette can be in comparation? The first scene from the Episode IV answer the question, faster but not too faster for to escape from the ISD weapons range.

In addition in the game, when you move a ship with a slow rotation and speed, there are big troubles, if you watch the video, you will see the biggest from all. The models make strange movements, very fast as if they could not select the correct direcction. Perhaps in a battle with two units does not happen it but here with thousands of units, it happens. You can watch the Bellator in video.

Other bad point. If the units are slower, at many situations, they do not go to move. They will be stopped. Other times, the change of direction  is so slow than you can die waiting or they start a long rotation, so bad. At the end, these things create lag and more problems.

Well, slow movement can be good for record a beautiful video with the camera mode but it has a zero point zero from tactical strategy, realism and really it adds a lot of horrible problems. By this reason, I do not go to use it. My older settings were very good.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2019, 10:13:41 AM »
Time to show the new balance in action. I am sure how many players will be happy looking how many damage can suffer some powerful units without be destroyed. But they are not invencible, everything can be destroyed.

In the time from this video, I was continue working in the movement, the final version probably will be ships with faster acceleration trying avoid the stupid movements but with longer/slower turn. The balance in battles has not more big changes. Just remember how the ground battle in Toprawa is not realistic because the AI does not build anymore this amount of the RB ground teams. The ground battle in Sluis Van can be considered more realistic.

Now I am working a bit more in movement, some campaign mission, improve a bit the AI letting it to build more things because the previous limits were from the time era where the savegames crashed and clearly now they do not crash. And fixing some crashes, the stability in the next version should be better.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2019, 02:50:09 PM »
More and more big changes, the list of big changes is so long that I will need several days if I want complete them.

The last change is the skirmiss mode where I have removed the fleets spawned by heroes and by fleet commanders. Now there are some units as a additional construction ship or the command frigate which they can build other special units. This change improves the stability but it will not be the last improve from skirmiss because I have improved a bit the things builded by the AI.

Now there these amount of things in progress:
-Hardpoints acting as real turrets, it lets starships fire more of one target at the same time and it makes combats more realistic becase each weapon has a better arc of fire.
-Unit icons remastered. You can see the difference in videos.
-Ground teams builded by the AI limited in amount, it prevents the AI from to build thousands of units from the same team.
-Better space skirmiss.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #235 on: May 21, 2019, 12:39:02 AM »
This is the mission from the Star Wars Grand Campaign following the events from the Rogue Squadron books in Yagdul and played with the Empire. I have remade the mission at 100% and now it works better.

I find it funny because I recorded this video days ago but by several reasons, I forgot it. It is not the unique which I forgot, there are at least two other more impressive than this. I will put them in time. Lately I have been improved the space skirmiss mode a lot. I am working in building of ships for the AI a lot more balanced. It is curious but I have a lot of new features at progress, with lucky, I will complete some of them this week.

I am sure how you will be surprised a lot with these new features. The balance in everything is very awesome.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #236 on: May 22, 2019, 10:43:31 AM »
After some missions in the campaign, you will lose planets but you can conquer them again if you want. However, perhaps in one moment, you will lose them again because the campaign is very close to the events from the UE. Attacking Thyferra, I recorded this video, I find it very fun and awesome by the space battle against a Colossus, in the early time from the campaign, the biggest unit from the Rebellion. In the time from the mission, the ISD were a bit faster than in the last version. The SSD are as you see, slow in their rotations but fast if they follow a straight line.

Weapons will be as you see, everything can be damaged but you do not lose units at few seconds easily against bombers. The Super Stations as the Tarkin Station are slower and better. Specially their secondary weapons are a plus now.

It will be interesting discover what happen when the campaign will be more advanced in combats with better enemy units and in the last part, the Black Sun will enter in action. In addition, the AI should be a bit more powerful with the last changes, at least in quantity from space units and better in ground battles.

In the time from this video, I was testing and I continue testing the speed from the starships, I am not sure if it will be bigger or slower, I want avoid the problem where the models blink between one direcction or another but I am not sure if it is a graphic problem or a game problem. This feature goes to need a lot of testing. Other point, when a unit has this slower turn, it can not change of direcction before trace a long circle in the space map and it is a problem in maps with asteroids and few space. It can look sometimes good but I am not a big fan from slower speed in this units.

The second video is the mission from the Star Wars Grand Campaign following the events from the Rogue Squadron books in Thyferra and played with the Empire. I have remade the mission at 100% and now it works better. Probably it needs a small tweak more, but few more.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 10:49:32 AM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #237 on: May 23, 2019, 06:01:44 PM »
Progress..........a bit this week, I have completed the balance in the space units builded by the AI, I have remade the icons from CIS space units, a bit more of code, a lot of testing searching problems and more and more small but big things.

With the last balance changes in the units builded by the AI, it will come a space skirmiss harder, it is so hard than sometimes I have problems winning, but do not worry, I can tweak it a bit more. The point is how in the older version there were many abilities from heroes giving to them combat bonus and they increased units power with several multipliers, now these multipliers are a bit out place because the new damage system is different. Solution? remove them, at least in skirmisss mode. In galactic mode, you do not note anything of this too much because you do not play against all heroes at the same time. If you see in a space map more of one enemy heroe, it is not a balance problem, it is a plus, a challenge.:)

About what the AI builds, you can watch the video, almost everything, randomly, many heroes, many super units, it is very very very fun.

However, there are an unknow problems, sometimes, skirmiss mode can crash, I do not because it happens and I go to need test a lot of things. Clearly it goes to take more time. It is a random crash and the debugger does not show it. But I have fixed many other problems, the galactic mode in comparation is more stable. The unique good point, it is how save a skirmiss mode with the quicksave takes very few time. With some of lucky, I will find the problems.

About blink movement, I have a theory, perhaps even relationated in the same way with the random crash. I believe how it can be a graphics hardware problem, perhaps the fast sync option is not good with the game. I have been playing with the adaptable mode as before, limiting the game to 60 fps and it looks running better. I always knew how the game did not run with some graphic options.

And well, now I am running the game with the last Windows 10 update, the may update named 1903, no problems.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2019, 03:34:46 PM »
Time to move ahead. I fixed the problems in skirmiss, so good now than I am thinking restore some small fleets from some units as the Relentless, these fleets do not affect too much to the game, specially if I make them where you or the AI can not use them if the maximun pop cap was reached.

About other changes. I have restored a old ability, in the past, not too far, the ability from some bombers firing torpedoes, missiles or rockets, it can cross shields. It will prevent some very powerful units receiving a lot of damage without effect, specially with the Legacy factions where the Pellaeon SD by example is very powerful.

And well, now I go to continue improving other things.  ;D

Sonki3

• Clone Captain

« Reply #239 on: May 25, 2019, 12:15:53 PM »
Hi.

Please do not forget to fix the bug with the missing Kedalbe Battlecruiser Mk I.

Thanks