This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0  (Read 16142 times)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0
« Reply #285 on: July 03, 2019, 03:32:40 PM »
Time to show the last Dark Empire time line mission. At least it will be the last from this time era by the moment. I continue improving all the missions from the campaign but in the future, I will add some more.

At this mission, the Emperor himself must reach the young Jedi. It is a easy but fun ground mission. For it, I have improved somethings as the Imperial guards. They had several problems and they were very weak. Now, they are better.

In the campaign now, the time era after this, it is the Trilogy of the Jedi Academy but I go to add a Crisom Empire I time era in the middle with some mission based in the comics with the same name.

At the same time, this week, I have been working in a new space unit, however, perhaps I can add it as a ground unit. It is a small unit with a powerful weapon, I do not go to say yet what it is. I want see if you guess what it is. Just a clue, it is red.:)

I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #286 on: July 04, 2019, 10:12:03 PM »
While I work in the SW Campaign, I prefer to play another thing. I will show you the just campaign missions because my previous game was older and it did not show the last changes in the mod at 100%.

If you start a new Galactic Conquest, there is a thing which you will note in comparation with all the previously released versions from this mod. It is the size from the savegames, now, it is smaller, the half or less. Why? what is the difference? now the AI has limits in the ground units and it limits a lot the overload produced by to build thousands of ground units without any limit.

At the same time, if the AI spends less credits in ground units, it will build better other things. It happens as I say.

Other big point. The ground attacks from the AI are a lot better and even they happen more times.

About this GC itself, it is a new game than the video showed before because I improved some small things. It is very curious because if you look the end, you will think how I go to defeat the Empire easily because I have more planets. You will be wrong as you will see in the next video. Perhaps I made a bad strategy but the point it is how the game is not only build and attack, it requires a economic strategic and with the Rebellion options, it requires more strategic researching and building some structures.

I do not remember if it is video where you can see the new unit or the next.;) It is a Rebel unit.

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

« Reply #287 on: July 07, 2019, 10:34:41 PM »
For it, I have improved somethings as the Imperial guards. They had several problems and they were very weak. Now, they are better.

At the same time, this week, I have been working in a new space unit, however, perhaps I can add it as a ground unit. It is a small unit with a powerful weapon, I do not go to say yet what it is. I want see if you guess what it is. Just a clue, it is red.:)
It's so good to see the Imperial Guards being made stronger. I always thought it was weird to see them die so easily when they are supposed to be elite units. Have you also thought about giving them abilities? I think giving them Han Solo's abilities would fit them, as ironic as it sounds. The stun ability to make them deal with enemy units and the sprint ability to quickly reach enemy units or retreat from them if they are too strong. Will there also be variants of them? With Jax's model you could make Imperial Sovereign Protectors. ::)
I do not remember if it is video where you can see the new unit or the next.;) It is a Rebel unit.
Damn, I thought the new unit was going to be Imperial Guard Red TIE Interceptors since they are small and powerful because of their pilots lol. I'm unable to think of what it could be then so I'll just wait for the reveal. 8)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #288 on: July 08, 2019, 02:49:02 AM »
No, I have not given them abilities. But I would like to add them with other animations, more as a Jedi with a stick.

I show you now the continuation from the last GC played. Thousands of battles here. Difficult but very fun. I found some problems but I fixed them. Just for the record, the death animations from some ground TIEs are correct but I started this game before I made the change and you can not see them correct in the videos.

The Rebellion GC is a great challenge and now a lot more fun. About the new unit, it is the Rebel B6 Bwing seen in Rebels. A B-Prototipe, now spawned by the Rebel One. This fighter in game has a special ability firing a powerful ray as in the tv series, however, because it is very small, it is not watched very well but it runs. It will not be the last unit added and probably the next update take a lot more of time. I have lost my free time with other things.

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

« Reply #289 on: July 08, 2019, 03:40:38 AM »
The Rebellion GC is a great challenge and now a lot more fun. About the new unit, it is the Rebel B6 Bwing seen in Rebels. A B-Prototipe, now spawned by the Rebel One. This fighter in game has a special ability firing a powerful ray as in the tv series, however, because it is very small, it is not watched very well but it runs. It will not be the last unit added and probably the next update take a lot more of time. I have lost my free time with other things.
I can't believe I forgot about that unit lol, and that's coming from someone who watched and liked Rebels for the most part. It's nice to see this unit brought to life and more content from the Rebels series, I can already see small Imperial corvettes and light frigates/cruisers being ripped apart by that mini super laser those B-Wing Prototypes carry. Great work as always. :)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #290 on: July 09, 2019, 04:06:46 PM »
Continuation from the Rebellion GC. The beginings are too difficult, thousands of battles, many ground invasions. Not seen yet too much at this video but I am improving the ground units icons.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #291 on: July 10, 2019, 10:43:57 AM »
Continuation from the Rebellion GC. This GC is the great challenge ever, playing in hard, balance is perfect. Many attacks, many ground attacks, enought for to give me a perfect match. At this video, you can see how I have started to improve the ground unit icons. By the moment, I have remade all the Rebel ground units, you will note it in the next videos. There are many changes with the ground infantry icons.

At the same time, the game in galactic mode is now perfect, thanks to the last balance and changes in ground/space construction from the AI, it does not overload the game building too many things and the savegames size by example has been reduced to the half with smaller load times.

These are some preview screenshots from the ground icons remade. The ground vehicles will look better, even the buildings. But The big difference is in the infantry where I use the heads from soldiers with some small indicators. Look down the Plex Soldiers indicator, the blue flash in the top right from the icon. I found it as the best solution.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 11:01:21 AM by Nomada_Firefox »

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

« Reply #292 on: July 12, 2019, 01:49:42 AM »
These are some preview screenshots from the ground icons remade. The ground vehicles will look better, even the buildings. But The big difference is in the infantry where I use the heads from soldiers with some small indicators. Look down the Plex Soldiers indicator, the blue flash in the top right from the icon. I found it as the best solution.
It's good to see the ground unit icons being remastered as well. I really like the portrait icons using the heads from the infantry, it looks a lot better. Nice solution for the Plex Missile indicators as well.

Also I have some questions about old features that I have not seen anymore. I asked on ModDB, but I don't think you saw them.

1.) I remember this super bunker that was for vehicles, but I don't think I've seen it anymore. Was it removed?

2.) A vehicle that I have not seen anymore, the VT-49 Decimator. I know that the Mobile Command MDU replaced it but would it be possible to add it back to build them as some type of heavy assault transport/ship?

3.) This Yag'Dhul group map was mentioned as being in development but I never saw it implemented. Was the idea abandoned? I think it is quite nice, maybe a bit too small and perhaps it would benefit to expand it a bit, but I would definitely like to see this.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #293 on: July 12, 2019, 03:53:29 AM »
I removed the Super Bunker because the AI could not use it and it was not a good idea. When I remove anything, it is by a good idea.

Yes I remove the Decimator and others, it can be considered a mistake. I will add them again and one piece of new thing.

The station is the Yagdul ground map from Legacy era.;)

Continuation from the Rebellion GC. More and more battles, the begining is difficult. I must fix some problems with a few research but mostly the GC can be played without more problems than defend your planets with limited units. The most fun, the amount of attacks and ground attacks.

Of course the best is the smaller savegames and how to create one is faster, a lot faster.

Probably I will update the mod tomorrow and one day of the next week because I go to upgrade my computer. I have bought a Ryzen 5 3600X with a Taichi X470 mainboard/Gskill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4 3200 and as a CPU fan a be quiet Dark rock pro. Previously I bought a new computer case, a Phanteks P600S. All this is a big bet thinking in how probably in 3 years the next Ryzen generation will be cheaper than this 3600X. If something can see with AMD, it is how its CPU get big discounts when the new generations are released.

Anyway, while other people goes on vacation, I bought a new computer and I have been saving money for many time. Probably today I can make it and tomorrow no. Wait a year to one big discount was not in my plans. :)

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

« Reply #294 on: July 12, 2019, 06:33:58 AM »
I removed the Super Bunker because the AI could not use it and it was not a good idea. When I remove anything, it is by a good idea.

Yes I remove the Decimator and others, it can be considered a mistake. I will add them again and one piece of new thing.

The station is the Yagdul ground map from Legacy era.;)

Probably I will update the mod tomorrow and one day of the next week because I go to upgrade my computer.
The Super Bunker makes sense if it did not work well. It was a pretty cool idea though, sad to see it didn't work.

Thank you for considering adding the Decimator and and other removed content.

My mistake about the map, I have only played Legacy Era on skirmish. Maybe I should play a GC of it.  ;D

I might have a few minor bug reports and observations that I'll post so that they can be made for the next update.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #295 on: July 12, 2019, 11:06:37 AM »
Just remember one thing. You can not report bugs from a Galactic Conquest started before 21 Jun. Games started before will show several problems and never all the changes.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #296 on: July 12, 2019, 02:05:03 PM »
More videos from the previously showed Rebellion Galactic Conquest. I have not time now for upload the next update but I will make it tomorrow for sure.

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

« Reply #297 on: July 13, 2019, 08:15:36 AM »
Just remember one thing. You can not report bugs from a Galactic Conquest started before 21 Jun. Games started before will show several problems and never all the changes.
I did delete all my old GC saves and started new Galactic Conquests so all these should be after the update on June 21.

I found these:

1.) While the Predator Star Destroyer's duplicate turrets in the bottom of the ship were fixed and all of them are working now, there is still one more left on the top side on the port side. As shown in the pictures, one of the turrets has a static duplicate that becomes really noticeable when the turrets rotate.

2.) It seems that the Empire Hero Jerec is missing his animations because he is stuck in a static position even when moving or attacking.

3.) It seems that Piett in the Accuser is still using the old icons. I would also like to note that I cannot find Piett on his Star Destroyer on any GC I have played so far. He's available to build in skirmish mode, but I am unable to find anyway to either recruit him or get him as I advance in tech level in Galactic Conquest.

4.) While playing the GC Empire at War - 221 Planets, I advanced to tech level 5 and saw that I was able to build the Tarkin and then the Death Star II, but it appears that the Death Star I is missing. I cannot find any way to build it or receive the superweapon.

5.) I pointed this out already, but the stormtrooper squad's laser minigun trooper has an animation bug where he will sometimes stay running in the same place. It is very noticable when you order the squad to use its take cover ability.

6.) The Heavy Construction ship in skirmish mode is unable to build anything. I have tried to use it at all tech levels and it does not let me build the small Golans that it does in the GC mode.

These are the bug reports I appear to have found.

This is more of a question and perhaps a suggestion regarding the skirmish mode.

1.) When playing skirmish mode, ships that build other ships or fleets like the Arc Hammer, the Communications ship, the TIE Research ship, the Advanced Construction ship, the Supremacy, and others... I am unable to find ways to use their special abilities. For example, for the communications ship, I am now unable to retreat units into hyperspace or give attack orders ever since the ship now builds fleets. Similar things happen with other ships like the Supremacy's retreat option or the Advance Construction ship's build pad not being available in skirmish mode. Is there any way to use these abilities again? I have tried the alternative right click the ship to get the abilities but it still does not activate them.

Would it be more preferable to have all these extra units in another space station(s) like the Platform XQ3 and XQ6 instead to allow these ships to use their abilities again? I especially would like to see this for First Order units since you have to build the Supremacy in order to build the rest of their units, which means that trying to play the Empire as the First Order early in the match is impossible.

Ships that have no abilities like the Research Ship with Experimental TIEs could stay as they are and still build units.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 08:29:49 AM by Vionix »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #298 on: July 14, 2019, 02:53:40 AM »
Thanks, I will check some of these things. Not all are problems.

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

« Reply #299 on: July 15, 2019, 06:30:46 AM »
Thanks, I will check some of these things. Not all are problems.
You're welcome, I try to be detailed in these reports so that they can be helpful in locating problems or bugs. I can also provide saves if you want them as well. I know that some are not problems, but I'm really interested in the ships that can't use their abilities because they build stuff. I miss retreating ships into hyperspace with the communications ship to redeploy them for fast assaults and ambushes. Is there any way to use those abilities again or are they no longer able to because of the ships or fleets that they build?

linnaean-concentrated