This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0  (Read 19598 times)

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

Re: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0
« Reply #330 on: August 12, 2019, 11:02:26 AM »
I do not know. Perpetual or not. One way or another real live reachs to everybody.

Personally I prefer modify the Disney ideas........the Disney universe is very small. The Gozanti Awacs is a model and probably you can find other type of awacs because the Empire has a lot of credits. The Rebellion has not the same amount of resources.

I told you before how I would add the good additions from the Disney SW inside the old UE.
Yes, sometimes unfortunately life becomes too demanding of our time and we can no longer do things we like to do. Understandable.

Also very true, some people might dislike or hate the Disney Canon, but I'm of the opinion that we must accept that it exists and work with what we have. It will take years or maybe even decades before the Disney Canon can fill its content like the EU. The EU was great, but it also had it flaws, so I would say we must take what is best from both universes. I remember you telling me about adding the good stuff from the Disney Canon into your mod some time ago, and I'm glad to see that you're taking the best of it and combining it with the old EU content in your mod. ;D

Yeah the Rebel Alliance in its early years would not have the resources for the types of AWACS the Empire would have, at least at first. Maybe once they become the New Republic and reach that tech level, then they might have the power for better AWACS.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #331 on: August 12, 2019, 12:24:09 PM »
I do not agree in take everything created by Disney as good and correct. Most of the stories published by Disney are bullshit. They were created by people which they did not know a shit about Star Wars.

Looking what is making Disney in the SW universe, even in 30 years, they do not go to make good stories. Just bullshit. Most of the Marvel comics are bullshit, with exception from Rogue One, the films are all bullshit. In 30 years, people will continue looking as very good the films from George Lucas and they will forget the other films from Disney. They do not go to be cult films. Because even if they add small good things, they add bad stories and they kill everything told before from SW.

What about the Rise of Skywalker and the Death Star holocaust in Endor? it kills the final beautiful moment from the Return of the Jedi and probably from Yavin because if a piece so big from the Death Star II crashed in the surface from a planet, where was it in the other films? I have not been the first thinking in this stupid addition from JJ. One man who I am sure how he has not read a shit about SW.
I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

« Reply #332 on: August 12, 2019, 12:59:06 PM »
Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of what Disney has done with the films and a lot of the new novels and comics. To be honest, I liked the spin-off films more than the Sequel Trilogy like Rouge One and Solo. I agree that the films, even the ones I liked, are pretty forgettable and not something that would become a cult film. The only thing I can really remember from Rouge One is the Death Star scenes and Darth Vader's lightsaber massacre. For Solo, only the trench warfare scenes where Solo is an Imperial Army Trooper that were very obviously inspired by World War I, and Darth Maul's cameo. The comics have also not really gained my attention, only the two Darth Vader series were the ones I kinda liked more or less. I did like Rebels for the most part also, but that's probably because I liked TWC and have a good opinion of Filoni's works.

However, I accept that Disney owns Star Wars and there's pretty much nothing we can do about it. Sure we can avoid the content they put out, but they'll still make a profit from it and even if they didn't they have more than enough money to keep the franchise alive. Hence my position to take the good parts from the Disney Universe and combine it with the good parts from the EU.

The Death Star scene in the Rise of Skywalker is wierd. If it is supposed to be Endor... where are the big trees and why didn't the planet end up more devastated when a giant part of a moon sized object crashed into it?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 01:00:42 PM by Vionix »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #333 on: August 14, 2019, 11:44:43 AM »
Today I read a interesting news. It was based in a theory and some unknown sources about Lucasfilms. It says how Disney is killing all the characters created in the George Lucas era because Disney does not want pay more to Lucas. According to the source, Lucas sold the Star Wars franchise but he did not sell the characters from Han, Leia, Chewi, Luke, C3P0, R2D2 and probably many others more. By this reason, he receives additional money when Disney uses them in films and other things. In fact, it says how in the Disney park (Star Wars edge), there are not these characters. Very curious.

For me, this news can be very true. I always said how they had not the rights about all the Star Wars universe and it was the reason because we did not watch many other things.

I believe how they can create new stories and characters but.......what I have seen by the moment is a piece of shit. Perhaps with the Mandalorian we watch a good thing or perhaps it confirms how the SW universe was send to the trash.

The same problem happens with ships, vehicles and more. All the new designs are very different from the things seen before and some of them are bad.

I let you one video, I have not made too work lately (the summer) but I fixed some Rebel tech in the Rebellion GC.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #334 on: August 16, 2019, 11:43:55 AM »
Another video playing the Rebellion GC. 34 in game recordings and counting . As perhaps you note, this video was recorded with the i5-4690K instead of the new Ryzen 5 3600X. I have not edited the mod too much this week, things from the summer. But I have improving somethings from this GC.

With the exception from the playing/recording resolution, between the i5 and the Ryzen 3000, there are not difference playing this game. The virtues from the Ryzen are more from other things. At the end, we are in the point where this game does not ask more power playing at 1080p resolution with this amount of planets. Even probably with more planets and if you play with a more powerful CPU, you will not see a any difference because EAW does not use any of the new technologies in the CPUs.

Let's say how the if I add one or two units per month these days, it is more than enough. I must improve other parts from the mod and as you know.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 11:47:08 AM by Nomada_Firefox »

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #335 on: August 17, 2019, 10:39:46 AM »
Another video recorded in the older i5. Mostly it shows how the Rebel Alliance has some advantages in comparation with the Empire. The Rebel B-Wings in ground are one of these. Instead of big and powerful units, the Rebel units are smaller but effective.

I remember you how this GC was started several time ago and somethings as the filters, some ground death animations and more can show errors when really they are correct. The missing textures from soldiers in video are strange because I am not sure because it happens in this computer when both computers share the same files.

Pd: Vionix. I do not go to change the textures from vehicles from other games. You are free to help me making it, it is more constructive than launch non-constructive critics. You have won ten points of "I do not go to follow your suggestions". But nothing new, as always people asking more and more without give enough in exchange and when the mod has a very very very big difference of quantity against others. This is the main reason because I do not follow suggestions.;)

Sometimes I think how if I had not added any new unit to the mod, I had got more positive stars.....

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 10:45:59 AM by Nomada_Firefox »

Vionix

• Clone Lieutenant

« Reply #336 on: August 19, 2019, 05:57:12 AM »
I'm uncertain as to why there is a hostile or offended tone towards a simple suggestion. Especially since previous suggestions, feedback, and reports of mine have been well received. I simply mentioned that the unit has a very noticeable difference in the texture and its more cartoonish style (because it's from a mobile game) compared to other units. I still think it is really nice to see you porting and using those units and their models in your mod, and I can accept if it doesn't look the same as the others. I won't berate your mod or give it a bad review over a simple unit that might be a little different. I know that at the moment Nawrocki might not be available to create a texture for it, but my feedback, which is constructive as have all my other posts I have made, is meant for something in the future if he returns. As I have said before, I have played this mod for a long long time, in fact, it was the first mod I played and made a big impression on me that I have not really played any other mods as much as this one. This is why I always strive to give as much details in my reports as I wish nothing but the best for this mod in terms of bug fixes, improvements, suggestions, etc. If I knew how to mod I would have gladly offered my aid, but life commitments do not leave me with enough time to properly learn such modding techniques. At most I can offer a more accurate translation to English for the mod.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #337 on: August 19, 2019, 11:09:04 AM »
To find a tone inside a sentence is down in a mistake most of the times. Just I have said the true, as always I do. ;D

I find very few constructive people loading my hands with more work, specially when there are a lot added than the others. At the end, you look as if you were playing the mod only by the new additions, perhaps creating your own mod with it.;)

At most I can offer a more accurate translation to English for the mod.
Promises and more promises. I have read it before. Do it or do not it. I do not go to make e exchange by this or other thing. ::)

I appreciate the bugs reports here but I must not reward you. Instead I must fix the problems, improve things instead of to add more things.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #338 on: August 20, 2019, 01:36:32 PM »
Some new here. The Gozanti IGV 55. I know, it does not look exactly as the unit seen in the Rebels episode but it is a modification from the model created by Warb_Null and it can be accepted as good.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #339 on: Today at 12:02:41 AM »
I do not know if I must be happy or I must be unhappy because I must send all the Gozanti work to the trash. Fortunately or unfortunately, I discovered the Gozanti from the BF game in my hard drive............I should have checked before........well, these things happen. Now I must repeat again the changes from the IGV 55 version, not very difficult at least. Have fun. ;D