This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0  (Read 21830 times)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: FOC Alliance Rebellion 1.0
« Reply #345 on: August 28, 2019, 05:33:48 PM »
Longer video recorded in the i5. There are some additions, new changes in the space maps, the new random reinforces and a beautiful ground battle in the end.

Other additions are the Awacs ships from other factions.

I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #346 on: August 31, 2019, 01:54:23 PM »
Very closer to the next update, a few more of work in the space maps and I will upload the files. You can note at this video the improves in them. There are some additions as new enemy spawn position s or additional stations in space maps. Some of them variants of others without weapons.

After this update, I will continue working in some improves, specially in the AI because play in hard level can be a bit easy, just it needs a small adjust, Golans are probably so effective. But I have two or three very good improves for it.

Well, probably a good date for the next update be the next week thuesday or wednesday.

About future, far or non too far future. After Rise of Skywalker film, I can imagine me adding all the heroes from the new trilogy and more units because we will know everything about the Resistance era. There will not be lagoons in the story and I will adapt it inside the old UE story. Just it.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #347 on: September 02, 2019, 12:03:20 PM »
Before the update, improving some small things as Golans without too much AA defense or adding torpedo ability to the TIE Bomber. Testing and checking other small things.

Playing this weekend I noted several things. First the AI attacks are too weak to destroy most of the defenses. By this reason, I removed the anti-fighter main weapons from Golans. Anyway, it will need another special tweak if I want a difficult game. Probably special enemy reinforces thinking in defeat a Golan. Other point would be good if the reinforces were better advance units but I must study how I can add it detecting the tech level, I have some ideas about this because if not, the Empire and Rebel Alliance spawn always older units. With the Starbase reinforces, it is not a problem. But with the additional AI attack forces, it is a bad thing.

I will improve somethings as the defense circles from the main starbase because the Ion defense circle can get a lot of damage without be destroyed.

Not seen in this video but I added a good option. Now the friendly interdictors do not stop a friendly fleet. It is a idea specially thought for the AI but it has a its own logic because a Interdictor does not block all the space, it is more as a directed gravity arc set for a space position. This option will prevent you from attack a planet and block your own units with it.                           

Now thinking, it would be good an option, only for the AI where if you use a interdictor in a battle, it would attack your interdictor. I wanted add this type of small code customizations. They can be possible.

I will release the next update this week but tomorrow, when I will have more free time than today, I will add it and other small code features. Mostly increasing difficulty and balance. Not too much because you can see how the AI launchs thousands of attacks.

Other point did not note before. There was a bug in the AI tech levels and by this reason, it uses older units. Probably it affected to the difficult level from the attacks, very very very probably. But I can jump this problem and continue the GC with a stronger AI and it should be. We will see it tomorrow in the next video. In the uploaded version will be very fixed. Of course, before I add new AI features, I must test it because it is not equal an AI attacking you with VSD1 than VSD3 or ISD3 between many other super units. In this point of the GC, we should see even World Devastators. ;D

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #348 on: September 05, 2019, 01:31:13 AM »
Delay can be the word today. The last kicks from the summer taking time from modding for other things. However, I have played a lot testing somethings. Specially trying trigger somethings in the AI from my old Rebellion Galactic Conquest. The final version works without troubles, but here I must make somethings as lose the Home One which it replaces it by the Defiance and researching with it, unlock the research advance stations for the AI. With it we will see what happens when it builds better units. However, it goes to take some of time. Many more time playing. I will improve other things while I test it.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #349 on: September 06, 2019, 11:42:25 AM »
Finally a delay in the next update but better for you because it will add more stability improves. At the end, the weekend and me cleaning my keyboard, a gskill km780, it made me lose a lot of free time.

The first battle from the video is the post Death Star destroyed Yavin IV space map. There are a thing similar for Endor and it remembers me the bad JJ idea about the DS2 crashed in Endor or at least we suppose how it was Endor and the DS2, with these kind of people, everything can happen.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #350 on: September 08, 2019, 11:47:41 AM »
More defense battles. Again Yavin IV attacked. When the AI centers its eye in a weak planet, better prepare yourself for a heavy group of attacks. However all these amount of attacks are because I have attacked few the AI, I have been defending and building things more than attacking.

After it, more enemy attacks in Yavin IV.  Some small improves as the Frigate engines and other small good things. However, there are many stability improves lately. This which they can crash the game and I discovered them lately. Probably in fact, before they did not crash the game but the hardware changes or last drivers, they added more problems.

Time for the counter offensive. However, there are more defense attacks. I could not trigger the to build from the advance units in this old GC but I am sure how they would make the game more difficult and balanced.

In the first battle at Pallaxides, you can watch how the random Pirate attack will be.

In my final counteroffensive against Tangrene, I use a Bulkwark MKII. Its weapons have been upgraded a lot. Now, use it is easier. The same with the MC80C.

In the ground battle, there are somethings which they can be improved. Easy things. But because I can be improving things all my live, I will upgrade the mod soon. Today or tomorrow.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #351 on: September 10, 2019, 06:16:28 PM »
Just a few more tweaks in the AI and I will upload the new upgrade. While I test and play the old GC, we can start to see what happen with the powerful units from the enemy entering in scene. Other additions are things as the Golans do not firing the main weapons too close by example.

However, I need some more of time with some pieces of new code adding a lot of fun to the battles. My personal feeling is how the defense options are too powerful for the human player and the AI needs a bit more of help.

About the AI making many attacks, you can see how it reduces the amount of attacks when you start to conquer enemy planets. Just stay waiting is not a good idea.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2019, 12:06:43 PM »
I have updated the mod now. Instead from to wait the conclusion from some new additions, I prefer update it and continue working in the new things slowly.

The new update, the number 117 adds things like these. All the last changes can be read here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mBI0g5B6HyRG6RkPMVQFL8af-r39ULmPgYvQFTk2MSE/edit#gid=0

There are several stability improves preventing crashes in space battles.

Sonki3

• Clone Captain

« Reply #353 on: September 11, 2019, 07:42:19 PM »
Hey just played the Rebels in a Skirmish against the Black Sun and something is strange.

The unit card looks completely different from the ship itself. Is this on purpose?

Thanks  :)

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #354 on: September 11, 2019, 11:12:35 PM »
Thanks, it is a problem from me when I exported the model.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #355 on: September 12, 2019, 12:22:43 PM »
Video number 49. Finally after avoid the problems by use a old started GC, I could see how the AI is better with more powerful advanced units. Now it goes to be more fun.

For your information, yesterday, I updated the mod, even with the problem fixed seen by Sonki3 and now I am working in another update with more fixes, improves and additions.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2019, 03:49:45 PM »
Today, I go to change the way of to play a bit. Because I have edited a bit the multiplayer mode. Now, when you want build an Advanced Command Center with the Empire, Rebels or Black Sun, you will need the Advance Construction Ship.

In multiplayer, the Advance Construction Ship will be neccesary if you want build the Advanced Command Center with the Empire, Rebels, Black Sun and if you want build a shipyard. As before, in multiplayer, you will build groups of units builded in a similar way to the disband from singleplayer.

Playing multiplayer with the Rebel and Empire, some of the main heroes can get a Advance Construction Ship.

At the same time I am updating the mod with several models improved, it can prevent some crashes and graphic problems.

Perphaps I will add another big change which I have been testing.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #357 on: September 15, 2019, 12:14:38 PM »
A different video compared to all previously showed. With the attack from a heavy Imperial fleet in Alderaan where the enemy have used several powerful units, one of them the Supremacy. Have fun.

About the new update, probably today or tomorrow, as usual, I had not any of time yesterday and today...........can be difficult upload anything.

If you have not seen it, I have created a reddit section https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCCMods/