This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: Cannot build any units  (Read 52 times)

Jach

• Clone Corporal

Cannot build any units
« on: September 07, 2019, 01:05:47 PM »
Hi, I recently installed the GOG version 8 of the mod and I can't build any units, neither ground units or space units, except for the expensive group of space units that cost like 30.000.

I thought the filters weren't working on CIS and Republic, because the filters didn't change anything, I can only see buildings and upgrades, but when I played Galactic Empire, pushing any other button than the one for buildings gives me a empty menu until I push the buildings filter.

I experienced the same years ago on an older version of the mod on my Steam copy of the game, but I'm hoping something can be done now to make it work.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: Cannot build any units
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 06:49:57 PM »
You should play with the EAW Steam, the FOC Alliance Rebellion is a lot better and updated than the older GOG version. For the EAW Steam version, I have made a complete guide.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1185649930&tscn=1567859829

In addition the GOG version of the game can be considered a piece of shit because it can not run lua code, it has several big bugs as to make impossible finish a GC and more.
I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Jach

• Clone Corporal

Re: Cannot build any units
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 08:32:34 PM »
Thanks, I switched over now.

Since the other guy that couldn't figure it out either and the guide on Steam didn't mention it, I'll mention it here just in case.

To build ground units, you have to build a baracks for example, that will unlock a grey icon in the build menu that is cheap and will unlock infantry at the cost of a build space.

To build space units, you need a planet that can build a shipyard, you might only have 1 at the start, afterward grey icons might show up to unlock different ship types. They might show up later when you buy a tech upgrade.