This site uses cookies own and third. If you continue to browse consider to accept the use of cookies. OK More Info.
Grants access to the special sections

Mod DB sections

Recent

-no title-

Author Topic: Playabillity  (Read 783 times)

Wolf186

• Clone Corporal

• Email
Playabillity
« on: February 28, 2013, 06:37:38 AM »
Before I start, I begin all my GC maps on Tier 1. The difficulty is at easy, until I have a good defensive line with my planets.
I have found the mod somewhat unplayable. for two reasons
1. When I load a match, I have only three minutes to do anything, then the Klingons rush me with a huge ass fleet. (I count about 20-26 ships each time) I have no clue how this happens, even playing them I can’t seem to muster that many ships before the Federation rush me! (Romulans just sit there and don’t do anything, except if I put it on medium and move anything through or to one of the Tau planets). 
2. The planet placement and starting units, the planets are just too close together to micro mange and the orbiting ships can’t do anything against attacks.
So is it something on my end, or is it in the mod? Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing mod and I LOVE Star Trek. It's just that, I can't enjoy playing it

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

Re: Playabillity
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:30:16 AM »
But tell me, do you lose all your planets with this big attack of frigates? for me the answer is no. Do you want a IA as the original game where it does not attack you? because it would be the difference. Obviously the unique problem here is the experience from players, you will need some games before you know how defend you.

About the planets, I do not think that they are too close, in fact they are more far than on the original game galaxy but you have not thought how all is made at 3D. The planets are at different heights. The position from the planets is the most close to a Star Trek galaxy.

Just take my advice, play more, win more experience and you will like it more, all my mods are thought like it because I like play them, I like a mod which it gives me thousands of hours playing but if the mod is too easy, I will not like it.
I will not answer by private message, nothing which I can answer in the forum.
---------------------------------------------------
No respondere por mensaje privado nada que pueda responder en el foro.

Wolf186

• Clone Corporal

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 05:05:52 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I like a challenge. That is why I like the mod, it's just that the AI are too damn quick. I lose planets by whole fleets. If I had it on medium or hard, I wouldn't be surprised. I just believe that one could play on easy, get a handle of the content, and raise the difficulty to get the challenge; however, to sum it up, it looks like I will get my ass kicked for hours before I have a handle on it.

On the planets, I geuss I will just have to double click to go into the fleet menu.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 06:20:50 PM »
I understand your problem but this is my point, if I make it easier, it would be easier at easy/medium/hard levels and at the end, the mod would be bad. You can see other mods, they are fun the first hours of play but after a few hours of play, you discover how you are bored because the IA does not give you a great challenge.

Wolf186

• Clone Corporal

• Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 11:28:08 PM »
And I see your point: "however, to sum it up, it looks like I will get my ass kicked for hours before I have a handle on it" By no means did I say I didn't like it, I was mainly implying that it had a steep learning curve, which is amazing by the way :D, just sort of wished the AI were slower or you started out with more. Also, do you have any plans on more and bigger maps?

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 05:09:18 PM »
I have not plans for increase the size from the maps and I do not go to make the previous maps, I will add new maps for new planets but nothing more.

Khanti

• Clone Lieutenant

• Email
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 10:19:47 AM »
(...)

About the planets, I do not think that they are too close, in fact they are more far than on the original game galaxy but you have not thought how all is made at 3D. The planets are at different heights. The position from the planets is the most close to a Star Trek galaxy.

Please consider repositioning planets anyway. I understand they are made in 3D (I can see that in game) and that they are canonically placed.
But it's just cumbersome to change view range to click on every planet. If people use their preferred view point (I do) then they need to adjust it every time they want to click on a planet.

So I apologize for replaying in this topic, but the problem is the same and is still not solved.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 03:52:21 PM »
Problems for you, no more changes for me. Sorry but I like it.

Khanti

• Clone Lieutenant

• Email
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 02:04:31 PM »
Fair enough. I can do it myself. I just thought you may be interested to know someone may find it difficult to use.
Greets.

Nomada_Firefox

• Administrator
  • Clone Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 03:36:51 PM »
Fair enough. I can do it myself. I just thought you may be interested to know someone may find it difficult to use.
Greets.
Sorry but it is a free work, I do not win nothing with it and I have not free time for be interested in the difficult playing from people, specially when I have made the mod for me.